“Fantastic tour - great way to discover Melbourne's hidden gems”

Localing Tours Melbourne
Ranked #14 of 88 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for people who don't like tours. Go at your own pace with a well-informed and connected local guide. We place your interests at the centre of a unique experience, anywhere in the city or around Victoria. Includes Great Ocean Road, the penguins and wine tours in the Yarra Valley or Mornington.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour - great way to discover Melbourne's hidden gems”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Melbourne over the Easter long weekend and wanted to discover a new side to Melbourne. We live in Sydney and constantly hear about Melbourne being "cooler" than Sydney but our expectations hadn't been met on previous visits. We had some reservations about doing an organised tour (having had negative experiences overseas), but our concerns were put to rest the second we met our guide Dean (aka "Dingo"). Possessed with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Melbourne's history and culture, Dingo is one those rare types of guides who both educates and entertains you along the way. We opted for the city nighttime tour and were taken to some of Melbourne's hidden gems including secret bars, pumping live music venues and much much more.

While I can't say we have been convinced to move to Melbourne, I can say that this tour has certainly changed our perspective and comes highly recommended!! A must do for all out-of-towners.

2 Thank Gabe C

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant Bike Tour by Melbourne Locals”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a friend visiting from the UK and I wanted to do something different to give her a real appreciation for Melbourne. I came across Localing on Facebook and got in touch with Daniel and booked a private bike tour for me and my friend. I could not be happier with how the day went. Daniel organised bikes for us, arranged us to eat lunch at the Victoria market and get coffees and cakes on Lygon street. His knowledge of Melbourne was truly amazing, it was much better than me trying to show my friend around on my own.

I would recommend Localing to anyone visiting Melbourne that wants more than just a stock standard tour, if only this tour was available in other cities around the world! You are guaranteed to have a great time!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bec2608
DanielIPlatt, Owner at Localing Tours Melbourne, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thanks for the great review Bec. It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Em and showing you around a bit. Your easy going attitude and enthusiasm for Melbourne made the day a real pleasure for me. Feel very welcome to get in touch with us whenever you have visitors come to town, i'm sure we can find lots of other fun things for you to do.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Amazing! Don't miss this!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The night life tour was incredible, my friends and I had such an awesome night. We we're taken to some really cool spots and the guides we're super fun and interesting. Don't miss it!

1 Thank Emilyg1986
Hi Emily, thanks for the write up. Your brief made it really easy to plan the nightlife tour for you and the crew. It's always fun to be able to build something special from scratch and we're glad it was such a success. Word of mouth is such an important part of our business so we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect way to learn about the 'real' Melbourne”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I must admit, after what i had heard and read, I was very excited to go on this Melbourne tour. It certainly DID NOT disappoint. We have been on many tours before and usually get the standard 'tourist' tour. To be able to see a city through the eyes of locals and visit the best iconic lane-ways and the best Melbourne restaurants and bars (let's not forget the DELICIOUS Gelati shop) is just the kind of thing myself and my wife were after. The boys that ran it were polite, knowledgable and the kinds of guys you would want to hang out with because they are just cool guys. Highly recommend this experience for a high end knowledgable and fun tour.

1 Thank Brad H
Hello again Brad! It's really great of you to take the time to share your Localing experience. We really appreciate the feedback and it's great to hear you had such a wonderful time. I'll be sure to tell Simone how much you loved his gelati! Those businesses and the wonderful people behind them make our job easy. It's pretty clear you and Tobey had done your fair share of travelling so I was especially glad to hear we impressed you. Thanks again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour in Melbourne by far!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had the best time on the night life tour of Fitzroy the other night. It was seriously interesting to hear about the history of each bar and a drink at every stop was such a great touch. Dan and Dean are not only savvy, they are super friendly and know their stuff. A must do in Melbourne, not only for tourists but for locals who want to get to know a more intimate side of their home town!

1 Thank Hannah B
DanielIPlatt, Owner at Localing Tours Melbourne, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thanks for your review Hannah. It was a fantastic night and we're just glad we weren't the only ones having fun. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. It's so rewarding for us to hear you enjoyed your Localing tour, that's really what we're in it for.