“What a great night out!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Localing Tours Melbourne
Ranked #13 of 75 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for people who don't like tours. Go at your own pace with a well-informed and connected local guide. We place your interests at the centre of a unique experience, anywhere in the city or around Victoria. Includes Great Ocean Road, the penguins and wine tours in the Yarra Valley or Mornington.
Israel
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a great night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent the evening with Dan and another friend exploring bars and restaurants in the Collingwood neighborhood of Melbourne - it was awesome. So great to be shown all the best places by a local, cut through the lines, and enjoy good food and drinks. Dan made it the best night my friend and I spent in Melbourne - thanks mate.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank the-amazing-grace

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A tour full of reasons why people live in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having recently moved from Sydney to Melbourne I couldn't have done myself a bigger favour than going on a Localing - City Tour. The guide, Dan, was charismatic and personable with a comprehensive knowledge and obvious love for his city, making the experience a more personal one than I imagine most tours to be. Instead of it taking me months to discover some the best places and parts of the city I got a wealth of knowledge in a matter of hours. A tour with all of the experiences you want, taken by a person that clearly lives it on a daily basis.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gina L
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour - great way to discover Melbourne's hidden gems”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Melbourne over the Easter long weekend and wanted to discover a new side to Melbourne. We live in Sydney and constantly hear about Melbourne being "cooler" than Sydney but our expectations hadn't been met on previous visits. We had some reservations about doing an organised tour (having had negative experiences overseas), but our concerns were put to rest the second we met our guide Dean (aka "Dingo"). Possessed with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Melbourne's history and culture, Dingo is one those rare types of guides who both educates and entertains you along the way. We opted for the city nighttime tour and were taken to some of Melbourne's hidden gems including secret bars, pumping live music venues and much much more.

While I can't say we have been convinced to move to Melbourne, I can say that this tour has certainly changed our perspective and comes highly recommended!! A must do for all out-of-towners.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gabe C
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant Bike Tour by Melbourne Locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a friend visiting from the UK and I wanted to do something different to give her a real appreciation for Melbourne. I came across Localing on Facebook and got in touch with Daniel and booked a private bike tour for me and my friend. I could not be happier with how the day went. Daniel organised bikes for us, arranged us to eat lunch at the Victoria market and get coffees and cakes on Lygon street. His knowledge of Melbourne was truly amazing, it was much better than me trying to show my friend around on my own.

I would recommend Localing to anyone visiting Melbourne that wants more than just a stock standard tour, if only this tour was available in other cities around the world! You are guaranteed to have a great time!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bec2608
DanielIPlatt, Owner at Localing Tours Melbourne, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thanks for the great review Bec. It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Em and showing you around a bit. Your easy going attitude and enthusiasm for Melbourne made the day a real pleasure for me. Feel very welcome to get in touch with us whenever you have visitors come to town, i'm sure we can find lots of other fun things for you to do.

Regards,
Daniel Platt
Localing Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Amazing! Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The night life tour was incredible, my friends and I had such an awesome night. We we're taken to some really cool spots and the guides we're super fun and interesting. Don't miss it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Emilyg1986
Hi Emily, thanks for the write up. Your brief made it really easy to plan the nightlife tour for you and the crew. It's always fun to be able to build something special from scratch and we're glad it was such a success. Word of mouth is such an important part of our business so we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Regards,