“See the real Melbourne”

Boroughs of Melbourne - Signature Private City Tour
Ranked #9 of 99 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for people who don't like tours. Go at your own pace with a well-informed and connected local guide. We place your interests at the centre of a unique experience, anywhere in the city or around Victoria. Includes Great Ocean Road, the penguins and wine tours in the Yarra Valley or Mornington.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Myself and and a group of fellow travel agents checked out the "Fitzroy Fringe" tour to see if it was worth recommending to clients visiting Melbourne. Wow - what a great experience! I've done many a city tour around the world and this has to the most enjoyable. Its so unique and interesting with some great history, grungy street scapes, and invaluable information on what to see and do in what is now arguably Melbourne's hippest neighborhood. I will be recommending Localing to my clients and can't wait to see what Dan and his team come up with next.

1  Thank Daniel816

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent the evening with Dan and another friend exploring bars and restaurants in the Collingwood neighborhood of Melbourne - it was awesome. So great to be shown all the best places by a local, cut through the lines, and enjoy good food and drinks. Dan made it the best night my friend and I spent in Melbourne - thanks mate.

2  Thank the-amazing-grace
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having recently moved from Sydney to Melbourne I couldn't have done myself a bigger favour than going on a Localing - City Tour. The guide, Dan, was charismatic and personable with a comprehensive knowledge and obvious love for his city, making the experience a more personal one than I imagine most tours to be. Instead of it taking me months to discover some the best places and parts of the city I got a wealth of knowledge in a matter of hours. A tour with all of the experiences you want, taken by a person that clearly lives it on a daily basis.

1  Thank Gina L
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Melbourne over the Easter long weekend and wanted to discover a new side to Melbourne. We live in Sydney and constantly hear about Melbourne being "cooler" than Sydney but our expectations hadn't been met on previous visits. We had some reservations about doing an organised tour (having had negative experiences overseas), but our concerns were put to rest the second we met our guide Dean (aka "Dingo"). Possessed with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Melbourne's history and culture, Dingo is one those rare types of guides who both educates and entertains you along the way. We opted for the city nighttime tour and were taken to some of Melbourne's hidden gems including secret bars, pumping live music venues and much much more.

While I can't say we have been convinced to move to Melbourne, I can say that this tour has certainly changed our perspective and comes highly recommended!! A must do for all out-of-towners.

2  Thank Gabe C
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a friend visiting from the UK and I wanted to do something different to give her a real appreciation for Melbourne. I came across Localing on Facebook and got in touch with Daniel and booked a private bike tour for me and my friend. I could not be happier with how the day went. Daniel organised bikes for us, arranged us to eat lunch at the Victoria market and get coffees and cakes on Lygon street. His knowledge of Melbourne was truly amazing, it was much better than me trying to show my friend around on my own.

I would recommend Localing to anyone visiting Melbourne that wants more than just a stock standard tour, if only this tour was available in other cities around the world! You are guaranteed to have a great time!

1  Thank Bec2608
DanielIPlatt, Owner at Localing Tours Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks for the great review Bec. It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Em and showing you around a bit. Your easy going attitude and enthusiasm for Melbourne made the day a real pleasure for me. Feel very welcome to get in touch with us whenever you have visitors come to town, i'm sure we can find lots of other fun things for you to do.

Regards,