“Our Melbourne Experience”

Boroughs of Melbourne - Signature Private City Tour
Ranked #8 of 100 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for people who don't like tours. Go at your own pace with a well-informed and connected local guide. We place your interests at the centre of a unique experience, anywhere in the city or around Victoria. Includes Great Ocean Road, the penguins and wine tours in the Yarra Valley or Mornington.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were in Melbourne for a conference and hence we did not have time to explore the city on our own. We were assigned a tour guide from Localing and i can tell you this was a match made in heaven.

Daniel Platt's knowledge of Melbourne (although a local) is dumbfounding. I have not met anyone who knows more about a specific city like Dan. We were taken around the city in like 6 hours visiting the market, the millions of restaurants and bars, malls, street side corner shops, street art corners etc. and we felt like we belong to Melbourne after this trip. Dan gave us various historical anecdotes infused with humor about the city that made the whole tour a joy.

Our trip would not have been complete without Dan's tour.

If your ever in Melbourne and want a quick tour. Dan is the man to call.

You wont regret it.

"half day tour"
"his passion"
"phillip island"

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had such a great time exploring the city's nooks and crannies with dan from Localing Melbourne. We know our way around but wanted a unique local perspective. Dan helped us really experience Melbourne like a local and it was just great.

2  Thank beneretz
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Myself and and a group of fellow travel agents checked out the "Fitzroy Fringe" tour to see if it was worth recommending to clients visiting Melbourne. Wow - what a great experience! I've done many a city tour around the world and this has to the most enjoyable. Its so unique and interesting with some great history, grungy street scapes, and invaluable information on what to see and do in what is now arguably Melbourne's hippest neighborhood. I will be recommending Localing to my clients and can't wait to see what Dan and his team come up with next.

1  Thank Daniel816
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent the evening with Dan and another friend exploring bars and restaurants in the Collingwood neighborhood of Melbourne - it was awesome. So great to be shown all the best places by a local, cut through the lines, and enjoy good food and drinks. Dan made it the best night my friend and I spent in Melbourne - thanks mate.

2  Thank the-amazing-grace
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having recently moved from Sydney to Melbourne I couldn't have done myself a bigger favour than going on a Localing - City Tour. The guide, Dan, was charismatic and personable with a comprehensive knowledge and obvious love for his city, making the experience a more personal one than I imagine most tours to be. Instead of it taking me months to discover some the best places and parts of the city I got a wealth of knowledge in a matter of hours. A tour with all of the experiences you want, taken by a person that clearly lives it on a daily basis.

1  Thank Gina L