“Nice place for a movie and a bite to eat”
Review of The Jam Factory

The Jam Factory
Ranked #23 of 121 Shopping in Melbourne
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My boyfriend and I went there to see a movie and I was pleased to see that the seats were very comfortable. Apparently there's a number system in place with the seating and you must sit where your ticket says. Luckily we were given a seat at the back and in the middle, however to be on the safe side I'd recommend for others to either pre-book their tickets or ask for a particular seat.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Thinking that the Jam Factory is a place in Melbourne for purchasing jams, my family and I took the tram to Chapel Street to visit the factory. When we arrived, we had to spend some time before we could reach the factory and it seemed that most of the people there did not know such place. Also, inside the factory, there were only some shops which were not very attractive compared to those in other shopping areas. On enquiry, we got to know that the Jam Factory had actually been a place for producing jams long time ago. Should we have obtained more information, we would not spend two hours in such place at the expense of other more attractive ones.

1  Thank Orlando C
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great to see Topshop located as part of the Jam Factory with an entrance from both Chapel street and inside the Jam Factory, and delighted to see them open late on a Saturday night to cater for the movie crowd when no one else in Chapel street does. Provides that missing element since Borders departed. Renovations still underway but the addition of the new cafe's and tables are great and provide a quite spot to get away from the madness of Chapel street on a weekend.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

my daughters and i spent a day at the jam factory recently, undergroung car parking was convenient and there is every shop you could want, my credit card took a real betting that day! we are planning another trip soon

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Somehow Chapel Street and related facilities have lost it's shine. With Borders gone the Jam Factory is now basically a cinema only.