“Not a factory, and no jam either”
Review of The Jam Factory

The Jam Factory
Ranked #22 of 121 Shopping in Melbourne
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Jam Factory was a destination of wonder for my children, and maybe it still is for youngsters. The Cinemas inside remain a popular destination. The decoration is glitzy, there is better food to be had elsewhere on Chapel Street, and I would suggest you book your cinema tickets ahead. One thing in the Jam Factory's favour, it is easy to get to by train and tram, and it is a good meeting point this end of the Chapel Street retail strip.

There are newer reviews for The Jam Factory

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I recently went to watch a movie at the cinema at jam factory. I was walking up the stairs to buy some popcorn and I saw the guy behind the counter emptying boxes of what was obviously popcorn people had left behind in the different screens back into the popcorn machine! As soon as he saw me he stopped what he was doing and hid the boxes under the counter, I'm no health expert but I'm sure that is very unhygienic and just disgusting that they would re sell popcorn other people have already paid for.

9  Thank The_J16
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Great little place to stop by for a coffee, grab a movie and update your wardrobe with Topshop/Topman!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My boyfriend and I went there to see a movie and I was pleased to see that the seats were very comfortable. Apparently there's a number system in place with the seating and you must sit where your ticket says. Luckily we were given a seat at the back and in the middle, however to be on the safe side I'd recommend for others to either pre-book their tickets or ask for a particular seat.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Thinking that the Jam Factory is a place in Melbourne for purchasing jams, my family and I took the tram to Chapel Street to visit the factory. When we arrived, we had to spend some time before we could reach the factory and it seemed that most of the people there did not know such place. Also, inside the factory, there were only some shops which were not very attractive compared to those in other shopping areas. On enquiry, we got to know that the Jam Factory had actually been a place for producing jams long time ago. Should we have obtained more information, we would not spend two hours in such place at the expense of other more attractive ones.

1  Thank Orlando C