“Everything great except the service”

Flinders Landing Apartments
Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Kingston
“Everything great except the service”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My stay here was tainted by the appalling service I received upon trying to check in.
The room I was staying in was booked in my friends name who's flight had been delayed and were still a couple of hours away.
I decided to see if I could check in, fully expecting that I might not be able to. A simple, 'sorry, because it's not in your name, we can't check you in, but you're welcome to take a seat in our foyer and wait' would have been an acceptable answer, but the snob on reception treated me like a second class citizen, telling me in a horrible tone that she couldn't check me in and I'd just have to wait outside.
I felt lower than a dog at this treatment.
When my friends eventually came, this same woman checked us in. As she was checking us in, she answered the phone without excusing herself, after the call she just came back to us without saying anything. She is so unfriendly and seriously should not be employed in the hospitality industry. Unfortunately, I didn't see or don't remember her name, but this happened on 20 sep 2013.
I have no complaints about anything else, but this experience did put a damper on my stay here.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Adelaide Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wow what a location on Flinders Lane, with Fed Square down the road, and an array of restaurants, bars and cafes on the street.
We had a large 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment which was perfect for 4 adults and a child.
The apartment was well appointed with all you need and cleaning daily.
I found when looking around at prices online there were different rates and rules listed on the different booking sites on cot hire prices, and so we ended up bringing our own for our 2.5 year old, even though I think their site said over 2 year olds need their own bed and pay extra per person per night (which we didn't).
One problem we had with the accommodation was it was very very noisy from early in the morning with street noise, trucks, and road works. If you want a quiet sleep in this is not the place for you.
Please note that the skybus transfer bus does not take you to the hotel door, but around the corner to a nearby hotel which made travelling with lots of luggage difficult.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher up to be further away from the street noise. But pack your ear plugs just...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MsKristy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have stayed at quest for four nights,location is excellent in the midst of shops.The rooms are fresh and clean with everything you would need.Staff is really helpful and very efficient.We have enjoyed our stay throughout.We will definitely stay here again............

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan T
country WA
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a fantastic location for a stay in Melbourne. My mother, two teenage daughters and I stayed here for 4 nights on a recent shopping/ theatre trip to Melbourne. We had a large 2 bed/ 2 bath apartment which was just perfect for us. This was perfectly located to be able to walk to Flinders St station as well as to Hamer Hall where we had a concert, Princess Theatre where we saw Legally Blonde, and Flinders St where we got trams to Bridge Rd and Chapel St. We had the breakfast packs, consisting of cereal, juice box, fruit pack and Danish for 2 days then we got a refund as we wanted to eat in Degraves St (just down the street). We walked to SouthWharf DfO which was a decent 20 min walk as we wanted to walk along the riverbank. Myer/ David Jones etc was only a couple of blocks and earned us some cupcakes and macaroons! We did hear some city noise but nothing major even though there were lots of rugby fans in town for the game and we thought there would be noise when the pubs closed. Overall a fantastic stay and I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank iloveholidays077
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. Quest on Flinders is in a fantastic location, minutes within shops, public transport, shopping, restaurants, bars and cafes.
The hotel website advertises gym/sauna facilities, but these are located at other Quest apartments. Staff very helpful, cleaning sporadic, but when done they do a great job. Internet available at a cost.
Rooms are a little dated and you can hear the people in the apartment walking around.
All in all, good value for money as the rate is for the whole apartment and not based on per person. I enjoyed the privacy of having my own room and the option of making a meal if wanted.

• Stayed May 2013
Beckom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great location but that is all it has going for it. Disappointed that the whole apartment was gruby and worn. Had a three bedroom apartment and the windows were so high that there was no view unless you stood on a chair. If you opened them the noise from outside made conversation impossible. Rooms small, no where for luggage. Main bathroom had a leaking toilet and flickering light. After complaining toilet was fixed and light replaced but by next morning no light at all in bathroom and had to use bedroom lamp for lighting. Towels worn and small, pillows either like a rock or very lumpy.
On entering 7th floor smell was overpowering of cooking and carpet stained and dirty. Whole place need a good clean and refurbishment. Not worth $600 a night plus parking at $25 per vehicle.
Complained at check out and was given free parking.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed with my adult family for 3 nights. Great view from the large windows, excellent location walking distance to everything. Service was good and friendly, the apartment was serviced daily. Other family sayed in smaller apartments and also commented on how nice it was and great location for a reasonable price.
There is construction happening across the lane which you can hear after 7.00am in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family