“Nice apartments, good location for MCG and Central City”

Flinders Landing Apartments
Ranked #104 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Nice apartments, good location for MCG and Central City”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in the Fed Square Apartments in a two bedroom apartment while visiting Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test. The apartments are spacious and quite well equipped. The central location is excellent for events at the MCG, shopping in the central city and for the great variety of eating establishments down all the lane ways close to the apartments. Only downside was that the carpet really needed a good clean and the bed in the second room was very soft. Apart from that a good overall stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clare S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 days. Located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD and close to all amenities. The train station and trams are just a few minutes away. Our room was cleaned everyday and staff were very helpful! Will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Melbourne!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Ema W
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed in 5b for 3 nights. Excellent location! Close to the alleys and lane ways and fantastic restaurants. Our apartment was a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. Granite counter tops, large kitchen, a family living area. The front desk was very helpful. Would have liked a better wifi connection.

Room Tip: 5b was wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank thymefortravel
Sisters Beach, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Staff were friendly, room was spacious and very clean with everything you would need for an extended stay. Was only there for the one night but would definitely stay there again next time I am in town for work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rhana G
Kingston
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My stay here was tainted by the appalling service I received upon trying to check in.
The room I was staying in was booked in my friends name who's flight had been delayed and were still a couple of hours away.
I decided to see if I could check in, fully expecting that I might not be able to. A simple, 'sorry, because it's not in your name, we can't check you in, but you're welcome to take a seat in our foyer and wait' would have been an acceptable answer, but the snob on reception treated me like a second class citizen, telling me in a horrible tone that she couldn't check me in and I'd just have to wait outside.
I felt lower than a dog at this treatment.
When my friends eventually came, this same woman checked us in. As she was checking us in, she answered the phone without excusing herself, after the call she just came back to us without saying anything. She is so unfriendly and seriously should not be employed in the hospitality industry. Unfortunately, I didn't see or don't remember her name, but this happened on 20 sep 2013.
I have no complaints about anything else, but this experience did put a damper on my stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
Adelaide Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wow what a location on Flinders Lane, with Fed Square down the road, and an array of restaurants, bars and cafes on the street.
We had a large 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment which was perfect for 4 adults and a child.
The apartment was well appointed with all you need and cleaning daily.
I found when looking around at prices online there were different rates and rules listed on the different booking sites on cot hire prices, and so we ended up bringing our own for our 2.5 year old, even though I think their site said over 2 year olds need their own bed and pay extra per person per night (which we didn't).
One problem we had with the accommodation was it was very very noisy from early in the morning with street noise, trucks, and road works. If you want a quiet sleep in this is not the place for you.
Please note that the skybus transfer bus does not take you to the hotel door, but around the corner to a nearby hotel which made travelling with lots of luggage difficult.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher up to be further away from the street noise. But pack your ear plugs just...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MsKristy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have stayed at quest for four nights,location is excellent in the midst of shops.The rooms are fresh and clean with everything you would need.Staff is really helpful and very efficient.We have enjoyed our stay throughout.We will definitely stay here again............

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family