“Great fun!”

Escape Room Melbourne (ERM)
Ranked #2 of 95 Fun & Games in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Escape Room Melbourne is Melbourne's original live room escape game! Working in a team of 2-6 people, you have 70 minutes to unravel the mystery of a hidden room, working together to solve a variety of quirky and inventive puzzles to escape. We have three rooms available - Melbourne's original Escape Room, Mine Escape , and Kellar's Magic Emporium. We can't give away too many secrets here, but to get an idea of what to expect you can check out our website for reviews and articles by Broadsheet, Timeout, The Age, and others, as well as features by SBS, Channel 10, ABC radio, and Fox FM (warning: may contain some spoilers!) Bookings are essential and can be made through our website. Please note we are a small independent business that is not affiliated with any of the Escape Room franchises operating in Melbourne, however we are happy to try and accommodate corporate bookings and larger groups where we can. Please feel free to contact us via email if you have any questions about availability, bookings, or the rooms themselves.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was a great team building activity. It was very well thought out. Looking forward to the next one!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"ian"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked two sessions so we could fit all our friends in (and compete against eachother for best time!) It was so much fun, I couldn't stop smiling while solving all the puzzles. We are already trying to plan to go to the other new room they have set up!

1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed 17 August 2014

One of my favourite experiences since moving to Melbourne. A simple concept but excellently executed. Having grown up playing puzzle computer games, I had high expectations for the escape room and it did not disappoints. I've already signed up for the second room.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I went in with really high expectations, because I loved the idea and hadn't been on an adventure for ages. Despite this imner hype, the experience failed to disappoint on any front.

My friend and I were greeted at the secret location by one of the key conspirators. He was friendly and welcoming, without taking away from the mysterious mood of anticipation.

I'm not going to tell you what happened inside the room, cos I don't want to spoil any surprises. But it was imaginative, creative, satisfying, heaps of fun, a bit weird and intellectually engaging.

The room is also beautifully set up - heaps of lovingly chosen artefacts arranged in such a way that you're not only smack-bang in the midst of a well conceived puzzle, but also immersed in a really evocative and convincing atmosphere.

This was the best fun I've had in ages. And I got the sense the masterminds behind it have fun too. They're there in a virtual sense to help guide you if you're stuck, but they also get to witness all kinds of strange behaviour from their code-cracking clientele. Personally I'm paranoid about surveillance, but with these Little Brothers watching you, as long as you don't act like a dick and trash the place, they're invisible allies rather than overlords. Mostly we forgot we weren't alone.

If you love mysteries, just go.

1  Thank Meg M