“Great Place!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Fabulous place, great service and quality. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Book a corner suite. Great views - MCG River etc...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This hotel's location, a pedestrian bridge across the Yarra from central Melbourne, is just great, and if you can afford a River View room, take it - the views a fantastic. The room (and the entire hotel) was beautifully appointed and service, from the door to reception (we checked into our room early, before midday!) to breakfast was genuine and attentive. I am picky about pillows but these are so good I'm thinking of buying some... And the sheets... And the bed was very comortable too.I thought I'd seen the most amazing breakfast buffet before, but The Langham has taken the cake (and the icecream and the omelette made while you watch and the pancakes with maple syrup and beautiful fruit...). Nonetheless, I was glad it was include in our special rate, as $40 is expensive for any brekky! However, if you want to save a few dollars, there are many breakfast places a few steps away on Southbank. The valet parking charge was also included in our package, as were two glasses of wine in the very pleasant Aria bar (maybe book, it was full the first time we went in on a Friday evening). I agree with other reviewers that the wireless Internet rates are extortionate - I was glad I wasn't an overseas tourist so I stuck with 3G; even if it's not free, it should be much more affordable. Nonetheless, I was extremely impressed with the other elements of the hotel - we rarely pick such an expensive package (AU$430 "Wish upon a star") and have nev stayed at The Langham before, but I was very glad we did.

Room Tip: Book a package that includes valet parking and breakfast, if you can.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victripper
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I recently went to Melbourne for 4 days and stayed at the Langham Hotel. I have never encountered such amazing service and attention from the time I arrived till I left. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The room was beautiful and the amenities fabulous.. My daughter was on business, had to get ready for a meeting and was immediately taken to a room to freshen up. I would give the hotel a 10+ rating and will most definitely stay there again. Jamila El Allam, the Service Stylist was one in a million and made our stay extra special and a bug thank you to all the staff in the Club Lounge for their warm and friendly service. We'll be back next time in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Facing the Yarra River
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I've reviewed this hotel several times. SO this will be a mini review / update from a regular Melb traveller.
Each time it gets better.
Though each time in between I try somewhere else. Well I've committed myself to staying at the Langham.
Everything just seems to work. And it is consistent.
Book in advance and save $$ if you find it too expensive.
So I will not be going in to a full review. All I will say fo rthis review is "wonderful".
And if you can get to the 24th floor club lounge, they really look after you. Pre-dinner drinks and then morning breakfast. They just get the service right. The club lounge staff are fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble. The nibbles are just perfect, the view sensational.
I don't know what more to say.
I now select this hotel for business and when staying personally. Yes it may cost a few dollars more, but you know that at the end of your stay it just feels right.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Rockhampton
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My daughter surprised me with two nights at this beautiful hotel as I had always admired it on our visits to Melbourne. My favourite hotel ever.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking Federation Square and the Yarra River.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Great hotel in a great location.Only a short walk to great restaurants on the bank of the Yarra, Federation square, Flinders street station and great shopping.The service is great from the doormen to the front desk.It has a truly intimate feel and the food is excellent.Would definately go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Echuca, Victoria
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed at hotel 3 nights booked for 3 guests, escorted to our rooms which was lovely, but was told they didn't realize that the booking was for 3 people. Had to ask for extra towels, robe, slippers, glasses, cups. Having to ring housekeeping for extra milk, tea etc. (they had not replenished these each day. Valet parking was $50.00 per day, outrageous. If you wanted breakfast it was $40.00 per person. Very expensive. Jacuzzi and pool good. Would I go back no.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thank you for your review. We do apologise for not realising that your booking was for 3 people. Please see our website for packages that include valet parking and breakfast as they offer the best value. We look forward to welcoming you back.
David Landis-Morse