The Langham, Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$103
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$172
Hotel Windsor
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
US$195
US$153
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$115
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$117
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$115
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$157
  • Breakfast included
6,221 results
All reviewsmelba restaurantchocolate fountainaria barriver roomyarra riverthe club loungebeautiful hotelturn down servicehigh teasouth bankvalet parkingbuffet breakfastfive star hotelarts centreflinders street stationold world charmcrown casino
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I am a regular visitor to the Langham Melbourne staying in their Club Rooms every time. I stayed earlier this week for a couple of nights and thought I would highlight a couple of small but important issues that occurred. I booked in and was given my key to my club corner room, or so I thought. When I tried to enter the room my key would not work and I was confronted by an irate guest who was upset that I was trying to get into his room. On returning to reception and explaining to the same person that they had given me the wrong room the response was that it must have been his writing that I couldn't read, in other words my fault. He issued me with a key to the corner room directly above the one I had tried to get into. Now the issue here is not that the mistake was made, as we all make mistakes, but the way in which the complaint was handled which I my opinion was extremely poor.
The other small matter was that in the Club lounge for drinks that evening the person sitting next to me had on a singlet and a reversed baseball hat. Now if the hotel states , as it does, that there is a dress code and by dress code I am sure they mean smart casual I don't consider a singlet and reversed baseball hat smart casual. So you either have a dress code and enforce it or you have no dress code at all.
So two very small issues but I think they could indicate a decline in the usually high standards. I am next booked into the Langham at Easter and hope it has improved otherwise I am sure there are plenty of other hotels in Melbourne that would be only to happy to take my $423 a night

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daviddKirkgate
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Booked a corner room and got an upgrade to a terrace room for same price.The room was clean and loverly.service was prompt and very helpful.Had dinner at the restaurant ,thought it was a bit dear but after having dinner there it was well worth the $ .Want to take the bed and pillows home.Thank you to the Langham and the staff for a loverly break from the drought

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just home after spending 11 memorable nights at this hotel. From start to finish the staff were impeccable, they were courteous, attentive without being in your face and wholly approachable. They are indeed a credit to this hotel.
On previous visits to Melbourne we stayed at the Intercontinental, the Rialto and the only regret I have is not staying at the Langham before. The Langham is in a different class compared to the Rialto and I would advise everyone to stick with the Langham, you will not be disappointed.
The hotel itself is located in a prime area of the city overlooking the Yarra river and within easy reach of most of the best parts of Melbourne. We initially had a classic room before upgrading to a club corner river/city room. The Classic was really well appointed and in some aspects we preferred it for storage and functionality. That’s not to say the club corner room wasn’t great as well, it was and the extra touches of a club room were much appreciated. The high standard of accommodation provided means no matter which room you choose, you will love it.
Every room was bright and airy, had a great comfortable bed and had a cafetiere and ground coffee, a great touch and great coffee, complimentary bottled water, thick towels, good shower, a quality turndown service and an iphone docking station. Toiletries were of high standard and the rooms were well maintained by the chamber staff.
The pool area is fantastic on a hot sunny day and a haven of relaxation and the facilities are first class.
We loved the club room, thanks guys, especially Brendan who has an amazing knack of never letting your glass empty during evening drinks! The food offered during this time is both inventive and of high quality and there is plenty of it! Breakfast had the main hot items and a full continental spread. The Club Lounge was the icing on the cake of a terrific stay.
I have no negatives for this hotel, only positives. We have stayed in quite a few top class hotels on our travels but this one is up there with the best. You have to go!

Room Tip: Classic room 1204 has a decent view of the River without having to pay for it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed for four nights in a Club River View room. We had breakfast in the club lounge and this was very good with a good selection including hot dishes. Late afternoon we used the lounge for tea and cakes and in the evening had drinks and canapés. The selection of canapés offered were in our opinion not as good as other club lounges we have used.

Rooms are top quality and the beds superbly comfortable. One issue we did have was extremely noisy people in a room nearby running up and down the corridors shouting in the early hours of the morning. A quick call and security sorted the matter out. Other than that a superb stay and well worth upgrading to a club room. One point to note however is that the club rooms appear to be spread over all floors and not confined to the upper floor levels, but our view on floor 17 was very good. Staff very good and helpful.

Stayed: February 2014
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your Club River room and its views from the 17th Floor. Also, thank you for choosing Club lounge and making avail of the offerings. Our Chefs are quiet passionate about their food and have welcomed your feed back on the Breakfast, Afternoon tea and evening canapes served in Lounge. We look forward to welcome you again to Langham and its Club Lounge

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Langham in a riverview bedroom, the room is spacious with a comfortable bed, Great location with a superb view. Excellent buffet for the breakfast.
The only concern is the the exta cost to be paid for the wifi, The hotel should consider deleting the parking in the package and include wifi instead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple