“Best sleep in a Hotel you'll ever have.”
Review of The Langham

The Langham
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide, Australia
“Best sleep in a Hotel you'll ever have.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the AFL finals in 2013. Just outstanding layout and design. It's classy, with a modern schick. Check in was good. The beds are probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The pool area is nothing to write home about (Not like the Crown Plaza), but it does have separate showers and sauna/steam rooms which met my expectations. Rooms were not massive but certainly did have everything that you'd expect from the high end hotels and held the silence in nicely. Location is just off the Yarra and I was able to walk to the MCG, which was perfect for my needs. If you're looking for some high end hotel and the best sleep you'll ever have, check this place out!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,386)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Its nothing special. Comfortable and clean with decent amenities. Fantastic location and the view of the city and the river are lovely. Its the little things though that make a good hotel great and sadly The Langham falls a little short. Why for instance do they insist on charging for WiFi when you can get it free in most coffee shops and public places? Also the views from the top two floors are sadly off limits to "normal guests" being taken by "The Alto" function room and "The Langham Club" - seems a shame and it adds to the slightly un-earned snobbishness of the place. The in-room entertainment system is somewhat dim witted. The pool/gym etc are fine but not special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drcjwilliams
bsington, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thanking you for staying at the Langham Melbourne. I am delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I can confirm that the top floorof the hotel is a function room with an outside deck space. It is very popular for weddings and events. The Langham Club is on the 24th floor along with a number of bedrooms, which are freely bookable by anyone who chooses. Spectacular views of the city are available from all of our River Grand rooms from the 11th to 24th floors.

I would like to advise that complimentary standard wifi is available in all Langham hotels including in London, to any guest that registers to join Langham’s 1865 loyalty club, which we offer at check in.

I believe that many of our guests as stated in other reviews are delighted with our gracious style of service and I hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I don't think I have ever been touched by Customer Relationship management story such as my recent experience in Langham. At every point I was so touched by the attention to the details. I have stayed in hotels all across the globe and I have always felt that USA is always better when it comes to Customer experience. I am glad that I was touched by a versatile customer experience that's even better than the US.
3 THINGS ABOUT LANGHAM:
1. I was running late to work and hence when I left I had all my garments spread everywhere including the undergarments, When I came back to Langham on 5th May 2014 int he evening I found all my garments nicely folded up on my luggage. This touched me and I called the customer service manager to show my appreciated.
2. CHAT at the SPA
I found the spa classical. The swimming pool suited a novice swimmer like me 'coz it was 4ft deep throughout. I was chatting with the irish man in the spa and told him how touched I was with the customer focussed Langham. The Irish man said that he has been comingt o thsi hotel for the past 10 years. He said he comes for a door person named Larry who remembers his by name and greets him with his name. "A door person can make a huge difference" is quite a learning for me.
3. Toiletries, accessories and styling
The pen, the post card, the pencil, the Langham letter pad, the pink car at the portico, all had a symbolic gesture of "WE CARE for the details". There were more than Toiletries, accessories and other needy stuff.
Can I finish by saying, "If you are a traveler and if you haven't stayed in Melbourne, then you are missing one of the best Customer Experience stories ever told".

Room Tip: I got a city view room. But try getting a river view room
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Last night we stayed at the Langham in a Club River room for our wedding anniversary.
We live in Melbourne but not in the city area & every year we try different hotels in Melbourne CBD. This is the first of all Melbourne hotels we have said we will return to again.
Pro's
~Fantastic prime location !
~Staff super courteous & friendly
~Positive vibe about the whole place, showed on staff
~ Amazing view from Club river room
~ high quality linen on beds & towels
~ bed was so comfortable !
~ Club for club rooms was just great & loved afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks & canapés then breakfast next day
~ smooth check in / check out

Negatives ~ none !

We used the gym & certainly the best we have seen for a hotel gym. Good quality equipment, well maintained & very clean Lovely indoor pool & spa too.
We had the buffet dinner in Melba restaurant too. We loved it but did not eat that much as we filled up on canapés & drinks at the club before. Would not recommend that you do the same as us as there is plenty of food at the club before with drinks. The buffet was not cheap at $105.90 a head then alcohol was extra. Loved the seafood but unfortunately we were to full to eat much food.
So please stay at the Langham, you will love it like we did & leave feeling happy & rested. Go for a Club room if you have a special occasion like we did.
And enjoy !

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank franjipanikoonya
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Once again the Langham has ticked all the boxes. Service at all levels was excellent. The room was a corner room overlooking the river. Very spacious. Bed was very comfortable and shower excellent.
Restaurant is expensive ($80 for 2 for breakfast) and would recommend having a meal elsewhere. Lots to choose from along the river or within the CBD.
Recommend a coffee/liqueur at the Aria lounge. Best coffee of our trip ( a bit of a surprise actually) in a very relaxing atmosphere

Room Tip: The corner rooms are more expensive however with the extra space and views are worth it
1 Thank CardioKiwitraveller
Valley Stream, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Once deciding to return to Australia (after an absence of 30 years), and focus on Melbourne, I narrowed my hotel choices to two hotels, and after emailing them directly explaining my objectives/needs for my partially disabled wife and myself, I received a warm personal email reply from Kayla Shaw, Reservations Supervisor, offering her assistance to select the accommodations we needed in a non disability room. Kayla suggested a Club River Corner King room which was spacious, had a stand alone shower, was on a high floor, and provided an outstanding view of the Yarra River. After numerous email exchanges answering all of my questions and concerns timely and patiently, we booked the Club River Corner King room, and Kayla's advice and the room exceeded our expectations.

Having a room with Club Privileges enabled us after 30 hours of traveling to check in at the Club, have refreshments and wait comfortably while the room was being made ready for our occupancy.The on duty Club Manager, Mehul Desai, enabled me to see each room, compare the views, and select the room I wanted.

During our six night stay we used the Club for the complimentary amenities included in our rate which included daily buffet breakfast, an afternoon snack when we returned early from sightseeing, drinks/canapes and a late night coffee/tea. Complimentary wifi was also included.

What made the Langham Club special for us was their staff, the outstanding young women and men who remembered our names, and regardless of how busy they were, provided outstanding service. Our sincere thanks to all the Club staff, with a special thanks to Darcy, Sadie and Emily who on our last night sent a lovely note along with a dozen beautiful pink roses to our room!

I'd like to also acknowledge the effort of the entire Concierge Team whose expertise was useful as I planned some of our touring details. A special thanks to Sam who on our arrival day expeditiously handled a baggage mix up with United Airlines.

On our last night I asked the head bellman, Lorrie (a true gentleman and hotel fixture) about a taxi to a restaurant about 30 minutes away. He asked for a minute to make arrangements and came back to surprise us with a complimentary ride to dinner in the hotel's 'pink' limousine
which he chauffeured for us!

Just before leaving the hotel my wife decided she wanted to take the bouquet of pink roses with us. After a quick call to guest relations, a staff member arrived in our room and took care of my request.

It's the pro active customer service oriented staff that sets the Langham Melbourne apart from the other hotels in Melbourne!

Room Tip: Club Corner King rooms on the higher floors are larger providing outstanding city and Yarra River vi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CruiseLover071
Dear Happy Anniversary couple from New York
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Langham Melbourne and submittting such a wonderful review. My colleagues whose names you have mentioned are thrilled with your comments. I wish you many more year's of happiness and hope that you will try other Langham Hotels in the USA in NY, Boston, Chicago or Pasadena LA.
Kind regards
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Langham is a very nice hotel, great staff etc. But as a business traveler, I need to be able to work in my room. The wireless internet service at this hotel is a disgrace. The longest I have been able to stay on it for any given time is 10 minnutes before it hangs and I need to reconnect. I will definitely not stay at this hotel again as working in the room is a must!

3 Thank Selwyn D
bsington, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Langham. I have contacted you directly to find out more information regarding your stay dates. We have made significant upgrades to our wifi system earlier this year and I am not aware of any connectivity issues currently. We have a 24 hour help desk to ensure high quality service is maintained and we always act on guest feedback at the time of stay. I hope you will try us again.