“Fantastic Stay”

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Langham for 10 nights for business. Everything was perfect. The staff were always friendly and the room was spacious and bed was excellent.

Location was also great and I was able to walk from the hotel to explore the city and the amazing cuisine that Melbourne has to offer.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We always stay here for our wedding anniversaries and its just beautiful..stay in a club rooom its worth it!! Most staff are fabulous theres one or two difficult ones in reservation but most are very welcoming..rooms are spacious and very well appointed and pool and spa feel like a real treat

Room Tip: River view is a must
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. I am pleased to read that you choose to stay with us celebrating your Wedding Anniversaries, I trust you both have many delightful memories of these special occasions. I am happy to hear that your enjoy our Club Rooms and the Club Lounge, which serves Breakfast and Afternoon Tea, as well as our evening Cocktail and Canape's. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at the Langham last weekend. Fabulous hotel and great location. Was helped by (not sure of title) but I think it was reservations superviser, Rebecca. Extremely helpul, kind and professional. Sorted out our room requirements. Also assisted by Sumarti (not sure of correct spelling). Was extremely helpful at all times. Cannot speak highly enough of him. Made us very welcome. Cannot wait to stay there again.
Mary

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment we started searching Melbourne hotels and finally communicated with the Langham we could tell we were in for a good time.
A day or two after the booking there was a welcome call to ask if there was anything they could do to make our stay better.
We booked a deal with Langham Club privileges included (a real bonus) and were invited to proceed directly to the Club Lounge on arrival to book in. While the registration was being finalised we were provided afternoon tea and everything from then on was excellent. The room was serviced every morning with a follow up bed turn down service in the afternoon. Slippers, dressing gowns, full scope of toiletries, stocked bar (an ice bucket was sent up to the room on request) and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant and always offering any assistance.
The Langham Club privileges were great; continental breakfast, afternoon tea, drinks and canapés before dinner and the club lounge was a little oasis.
A little expensive for the average traveller like us however if you feel you need a short break with a bit of pampering this is the place to stay. Thank you, Claire, & the team in the lounge and Jamila for all your assistance.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Club Lounge deals where one of the balcony rooms are included is the ultimate. The lifts are excelle...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. We certainly appreciate your detailed positive comments. I am happy to hear that from the time of your arrival and check in process in our Club Lounge you found the Hotel and our services to be excellent. I am pleased that you spoiled yourselves and booked a Club Room with Club access and expereinced all that the Club has to offer, from our delicious Breakfast and Afternoon Tea to our evening Cocktail and Canapes. I am delighted to read your praise of our Club colleagues and your special mention of Claire and Jamila, I will be certain to pass on your comments to each of them as I know they will be thrilled to hear them. We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My daughter and I spent 2 nights in Melbourne from Sydney, we went to the theatre, shopped and took in some sights. The Langham is in a great location on the South Bank, it is close to restaurants sporting facilities public transport and the arts district. The hotel itself is luxurious. We shared a double classic room which was spacious and well appointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely return to the Langham

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a solidly 5 star hotel in a fantastic location, with quality furnishings and a high standard of service. Public areas are opulent. The room was very comfortable and I liked the quiet country house feel. The staff are trained to please and generally they do. During my stay there were enough stumbles though to convince me a "very good" rather than "excellent" rating is in order for now. Basic items were missing from a room service breakfast tray, a request for prompt room cleaning went unheeded, a minor maintenance issue in the room was unresolved (the man said he couldn't fix it), luggage taken downstairs for an immediate taxi pickup was put in storage instead. Room service meals were below par. My breakfast scrambled eggs had spent too long in the hot box - not delivered as soon as ready: they had congealed on top, and the tea was undrinkable. My one room service dinner was the lamb shoulder pie - more correctly a pot pie as it has no pastry base - which was overly salted and had far too much lamb fat in the bottom of the dish to be a quality cut. All relatively minor points I know, but together they point to the need for better attention to detail in a property where expectations are high (and rightly so). I suspect management will take appropriate steps, and I look forward to a return visit a few months from now.

Room Tip: The city (river) view was outstanding and worth the extra outlay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FairComment888

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, we certainly appreciate your detailed comments. I am pleased to read your positive comments regarding our elegant decor, your guestroom and standard of service. I am disappointed though to read that you experienced service and product issues on this occasion, please accept our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate Department Managers so they may review within their teams. I thank you for your candid and constructive feedback and I have contacted you directly to personally follow up on your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne and provide you with the level of service we aspire to offer.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

A very nice experience. We had High Tea at the Langham on Friday. A lovely reunion with my childhood friend and my cousin - great tea: the sandwiches, scones, savouries and tea were all perfect. We washed it all down with a nice Rosé champagne. Lovely lovely lovely. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends