“Room with a view”

Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Room with a view”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wow! Had a wonderful stay at the Langham, it was a real treat. I had a room overlooking the Yarra River and city views, I was really impressed. The room itself was very nice, comfortable bed, deep bath, marble bathroom. The location is second to none with plenty of great quality restaurants close by for lunch or dinner. The staff were extremely friendly, a morning paper of choice was delivered to the room. Had breakfast at the Melba which I found disappointing, there was plenty of food to choose from but I found the quality of the food disappointing for the price. Fortunately because I stayed at the Langham I was able to get a discount, otherwise I would have been very upset. The view from the Melba was stunning.

Room Tip: Ask for a river and city view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Langham Hotel Melbourne for the weekend just gone for our second wedding anniversary. To say we are disappointed is an understatement! We were abruptly woken at 1am Saturday morning by a group of men shouting profanity, we lye there for a few minutes thinking once they get into their room it will calm down however it didn't. I called the front desk they sent security up, again the loud noise and disgusting language continued. My husband then called front desk again they sent security up for a second time and it would have been just after 2am by the time it was over. We then found it hard after this to relax and go back to sleep. My Husband and I had been looking forward to this stay for so long a romantic weekend in a 5 star hotel, however that is not how it turned out. We were given a bottle of white wine for our inconvenience in which we actually found quiet insulting considering the amount of money we paid to stay for two nights. The fact that this incident took an hour to sort out in a 5 star hotel amazes me. I cannot relay just how upset we are by this, we get this weekend once a year and unfortunately we thought that being a 5 star hotel if an incident such as this did arise it wouldn't take so long to be sorted out. Absolutely devastated and I think this will be our last visit to the Langham Melbourne.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa P
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback. I apologize for the issue you encountered during your stay and the delay in the matter being rectified on the evening. I have contacted you directly to discuss personally. Thank you.
delhi
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Right from the location to start with,the hotel is excellent.Its classic interiors,rooms,club lounge,service and even the pink car standing at the main porch take you to another era.Club rooms though expensive are value for money as the lounge serves breakfast,high tea,pre-dinner snacks and drinks with amazing views.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent a night here last weekend - booked 2 rooms. We stayed for my sisters birthday as a treat. Booked through the hotel & Andrew from reservations was extremely helpful & responded immediately to any of my emails. A good ambassador for this hotel. Loved the ambience. The rooms were very comfortable & of a reasonable size. I haven't given them 5 stars for a couple of reasons. 1. the invisibilty of staff. I was left to find my own way to the room with no offer of assistance & that was the last I saw or heard of anyone. That said, I am a fairly regular hotel frequenter so am not afraid of asking for what I want, but for people new to this they may feel ignored. 2. At check out we called down to get some help with our bags & then waited and waited - 30 minutes later we went downstairs to ask someone to go & collect the luggage. The reception was absolutely crammed with people trying to check out - queues of people. The concierge I spoke to down at the street entry was dismissive - bordering on surly - which was not a nice way to leave. But to counter balance this, the valet was so helpful as was another young lady - Aimee - I think. The hotel is nice & central - close to lots of restaurants & shops. We ate dinner at La Camera. Highly recommend this restaurant. Great food & good value. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peegeeSydney
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Langham Melbourne clelebrating your sister's birthday. I am pleased to read your comments regarding Andrew and Aimee, I will be certain to pass them on to each of them as I know they will be thrilled to hear them. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you encountered both on arrival and departure, I have personally shared your experiences with your Front Office Manager for her review and follow up. We hope to welcome you back in the future to The Langham Melbourne.
Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a fantastic hotel. Its in a great location, the room was super comfortable and the service was outstanding.
I was there for a business trip and the food during the conference was also magnificent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay on business. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel, your guestroom and our service. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future for another pleasant stay.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed at Langham twice, once on business conference and previous to that with friends.
Both times found beds very comfortable, rooms reasonable size and clean.
Awesome foyer when you walk in is very grand looking. Place to eat na, nice for coffee and cake. You are in the heart of the Southgate area, walk out the door and restaurants and shops to your hearts content! Yeah, would stay again but only if "lastminute" rates!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to offer your post on Trip Advisor we certainly appreciate your positive comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit as well as your previous stay. We would be delighted if you choose to stay more often and we will look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne again in the future.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Highly recommend this hotel, got a really good deal for a Saturday night
$335 river view room, valet parking, breakfast for 2.

The upgrade to the river side room view was awesome, best views on south bank.
The breakfast was great, the night time service of free water and slippers beside bed was a nice touch.

Bathrooms/rooms 5 star nothing to complain about

Room Tip: A room with river side view is a must
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple