“Perfect luxury escape in Melbourne”

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hobart, Australia
“Perfect luxury escape in Melbourne”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We are very loyal to a chain of 5 star hotels, so for us to try a different hotel in Melbourne is out of the ordinary. However we have heard nothing but great things about the Langham, so decided to stay in a club King room and see what the hotel had to offer. Wow, we were not disappointed. Check in was perfect, very friendly and helpful. We went to our room and it was very "old world" in feel, but full of all the technology one comes to expect from a fine hotel (big tv, internet connections, USB, HDMI, etc..) The bed was lovely, the amenities were first class and there was a lovely work desk and enough room for 2, not the biggest room but good enough.

We went up to the Langham Club and were very pleased with the staff and the view. Unlike most clubs, they do offer an amazing afternoon tea from 3 to 5, this is not just a pastry or two, it is a full afternoon tea, with hot scones, sandwiches, cakes and lots of treats, well worth making time for. After this it was down to the pool to work of all the treats.

The pool has amazing views over Melbourne and has a large spa area as well. The facilities in the change rooms are amazing, a very large stone steam room complete with steam shower, a large sauna and a turbo jet shower with steam shower, just amazing. A perfect way to relax.

Evening drinks in the club were also a treat, with hot and cold dishes, and the staff make a signature cocktail every night, yumm. The wine selection is great and there are top shelf spirits on offer. The time is very generous, from 5:30 to 8:00 (time for a swim after).

The decor of the hotel is very feminine but beautiful, with fresh flowers and water features through the foyer. A beautiful hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing time and some pampering.

Room Tip: Bok a club room, well worth it and you will not be disappointed. If you want a view of the city mak...
2 Thank WorldTraveller5star
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for leaving us your kind feedback on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. We are delighted that you opted to stay with us and am happy to read that you had an pleasurable visit at the hotel, enjoyed Club Room and our Club Lounge with offerings of Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, as well as Cocktails and Canapé’s in the evenings and made use of our pool and facilities.the hotel is a continuous process. We pride ourselves in the hotel’s decor of classical elegance; our rooms have been updated in Langham's classic elegant and luxurious style. It is our intention that they are timeless with yesterday's charm but today's amenities. I thank you for your recommendation of the Hotel and all we offer. We look forward to you returning for another enjoyable visit next time you are in Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend celebrating our wedding anniversary. Arrived at midday went to check in our room was ready Very polite and plesant staff. They brought up our luggage to our room straight away as need to change for a show. Lovely quiet room with a great view of the Yarra river. A bed to die for wow loved it. (king). Coming back from the show we decided to have a swim, again welcomed by staff. The pool was pleasant but I feel this was really not clean enough I had goggles on and underwater was not exactly clear. The spa was great maybe a bit to hot. I feel for a well known hotel the pool area could be made look more attractive. We had a meal in the Melba on the Saturday evening. This was nice tablecloths would of made dining feel pleasant. I had some shellfish but unfortunaly was still frozen. Great area of Southbank to stay in easy access to shops resturants pubs etc.

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. We are pleased you had a seamless arrival and enjoyed the location of the Hotel, your guestroom, with sweeping views of the Yarra River and City and found our Langham Blissful Bed comnfortable. Our pool is salt water and renovation of the pool, Jacuzzi and surrounding areas was finished last year. The highlight of the Jacuzzi is the panaroamic views of the City, especially at dusk. All our seafood in Melba is purchased fresh daily and is displayed on a bed of ice on the seafood alter so our guests may enjoy as much as they wish. We hope to welcome you back in the future to The Langham Melbourne.
Portland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hubby and I spent a night at the Langham for our wedding anniversary and it was a fantastic experience. From booking to check in and valet parking to check out, each and every experience was beyond what we expected - Exceptional.

The little touches made our overall stay just that much more enjoyable. We were given a complimentary cake and hand written congratulatory note from the staff for our anniversary. Each time we picked up our car from valet there would be bottled water in the car for us. The little things are so important and the Langham does it amazingly.

THE most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!

1 Thank Terry W
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wow! Had a wonderful stay at the Langham, it was a real treat. I had a room overlooking the Yarra River and city views, I was really impressed. The room itself was very nice, comfortable bed, deep bath, marble bathroom. The location is second to none with plenty of great quality restaurants close by for lunch or dinner. The staff were extremely friendly, a morning paper of choice was delivered to the room. Had breakfast at the Melba which I found disappointing, there was plenty of food to choose from but I found the quality of the food disappointing for the price. Fortunately because I stayed at the Langham I was able to get a discount, otherwise I would have been very upset. The view from the Melba was stunning.

Room Tip: Ask for a river and city view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Langham Hotel Melbourne for the weekend just gone for our second wedding anniversary. To say we are disappointed is an understatement! We were abruptly woken at 1am Saturday morning by a group of men shouting profanity, we lye there for a few minutes thinking once they get into their room it will calm down however it didn't. I called the front desk they sent security up, again the loud noise and disgusting language continued. My husband then called front desk again they sent security up for a second time and it would have been just after 2am by the time it was over. We then found it hard after this to relax and go back to sleep. My Husband and I had been looking forward to this stay for so long a romantic weekend in a 5 star hotel, however that is not how it turned out. We were given a bottle of white wine for our inconvenience in which we actually found quiet insulting considering the amount of money we paid to stay for two nights. The fact that this incident took an hour to sort out in a 5 star hotel amazes me. I cannot relay just how upset we are by this, we get this weekend once a year and unfortunately we thought that being a 5 star hotel if an incident such as this did arise it wouldn't take so long to be sorted out. Absolutely devastated and I think this will be our last visit to the Langham Melbourne.

2 Thank Melissa P
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback. I apologize for the issue you encountered during your stay and the delay in the matter being rectified on the evening. I have contacted you directly to discuss personally. Thank you.
delhi
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Right from the location to start with,the hotel is excellent.Its classic interiors,rooms,club lounge,service and even the pink car standing at the main porch take you to another era.Club rooms though expensive are value for money as the lounge serves breakfast,high tea,pre-dinner snacks and drinks with amazing views.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent a night here last weekend - booked 2 rooms. We stayed for my sisters birthday as a treat. Booked through the hotel & Andrew from reservations was extremely helpful & responded immediately to any of my emails. A good ambassador for this hotel. Loved the ambience. The rooms were very comfortable & of a reasonable size. I haven't given them 5 stars for a couple of reasons. 1. the invisibilty of staff. I was left to find my own way to the room with no offer of assistance & that was the last I saw or heard of anyone. That said, I am a fairly regular hotel frequenter so am not afraid of asking for what I want, but for people new to this they may feel ignored. 2. At check out we called down to get some help with our bags & then waited and waited - 30 minutes later we went downstairs to ask someone to go & collect the luggage. The reception was absolutely crammed with people trying to check out - queues of people. The concierge I spoke to down at the street entry was dismissive - bordering on surly - which was not a nice way to leave. But to counter balance this, the valet was so helpful as was another young lady - Aimee - I think. The hotel is nice & central - close to lots of restaurants & shops. We ate dinner at La Camera. Highly recommend this restaurant. Great food & good value. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peegeeSydney
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Langham Melbourne clelebrating your sister's birthday. I am pleased to read your comments regarding Andrew and Aimee, I will be certain to pass them on to each of them as I know they will be thrilled to hear them. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you encountered both on arrival and departure, I have personally shared your experiences with your Front Office Manager for her review and follow up. We hope to welcome you back in the future to The Langham Melbourne.