The Langham, Melbourne
Home At Flinders(Melbourne)
  • Fitness centre
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)
    6,178 results
    All reviewsmelba restaurantchocolate fountainaria barriver roomyarra riverthe club loungebeautiful hotelturn down servicehigh teasouth bankvalet parkingbuffet breakfastfive star hotelarts centreflinders street stationold world charmcrown casino
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at The Langham Hotel this past weekend for our anniversary. As frequent guests of Melbourne hotels, I had always wanted to stay at the Langham but had never found the opportunity. Having previously stayed at properties at the Crown Complex, Hilton, Sheraton, Hyatts and other boutique hotels, we know what makes an amazing stay.

We found a lovely package and my fiancé thought that it would be another sub-class room in a high class location but she was awestruck upon arrival by the amazing service and quality of the premises. A special mention goes to Francisco, from the reception team. His engaging personality, combined with a genuine care for the quality of our stay quite simply set the tone for the remainder or our visit.

A superbly appointed room, with the most comfortable king size bed that I have slept in, coupled with the "small touch" of looking at the comments in our reservation and leaving a piece of cake (with a plaque stating "Happy Anniversary") and a personalised note made us feel just that little more special and appreciated by The Langham.

The restaurant facilities are first rate, we enjoyed wine in the podium bar, breakfast in the Melba and a drink with canapés in the upstairs lounge. Attentive staff provided classical service and we enjoyed every moment. Adding the health club (including pool, spa, sauna, gym and masseurs) and breathtaking views - it is an all round package.

My fiancé and I have found our favourite Melbourne hotel, one where we simply were not a room number but truly as guest who were provided with five star, old world service. Not only have we joined the 1865 Club but have returned home to book out next visit and are waiting with baited breath.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 August 2014

Wow!
    I have to say I like modern style, my fiancee likes classic style. We both where so happy! The hotel has a relaxing and classy feel. The staff are extremely friendly and the room was spacious and had all that we needed. We took advantage of the pool, Aria Bar and Melba for breakfast. Unfortunately we didn't have time to check out the club lounge. We brought both of the Langham teddies and they now are a reminder of a wonderful stay.
    For those who question the price, so did I. But worth every cent. Recently my fiancee and i have taken time every few months to take a night away from our children and so far this is the best. We will return. The attention to detail you can not buy elsewhere. Thank you for a lovely stay. Oh and location perfect.

Room Tip: I didn't find any noise trouble. We were on the 14th floor.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
    jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely note on Trip Advisor and your recommendation. We are happy that you were able to enjoy so many the elements of the Hotel and appreciated our classic elegant decore and attention to detail. I am pleased that your two Langham Bears will be constant reminders of your memorable visit with us. Your feedback and comments have been passed on to all the departments. We look forward to welcoming you back aagin to The Langham Melbourne.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I just love the Langham, definitely my favourite hotel so far in Oz. Was a business trip, but had my family with me, and we all loved it. Best part is definitely the service, everyone is so friendly and nothing is too much trouble, the buffet breakfast is awesome and all the little touches were noted and appreciated throughout the stay. The only fault I would say is that the beds were waaay too soft for us and we felt like we were in a hammock rather than a bed! Some might like it that way, but I prefer a firmer bed. I still loved our stay though and will return for sure/

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to offer your post on Trip Advisor we certainly appreciate your positive comments and to hear that we are your favourite Hotel in Australia. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy so many aspects of the Hotel, especially the service and friendliness of our colleagues. I have contacted you directly so I may add a note to your guest history in relation to your bed preferences. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Enjoyed my business stay here mid week. Check in fast and efficient, room comfortable with great amenities, lots of little extras which was nice. Had a river view room, fantastic vision over Melbourne CBD. Did order room service once, very pricey, lots of restaurants and take away a short work from hotel which is a better option. Quiet at night and enjoyable breakfast.
    Would stay again but not my favourite hotel in Melbourne, prefer a more modern styling of hotel, but that's being a bit fussy.

Room Tip: Def river view it's why I would stay here.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank zosha72

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel, your guestroom with views of both the City and Yarra River and found our location within Southgate in close proximity to the CBD and on Southbank along the Yarra River convenient. I am happy to hear that you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We are fussy on hotel everywhere we travel, we do our research before booking based on location, bed conditions and service, same goes to our recent trip to Melbourne.

We are pleased with the location, its so closed to most of the restaurants, pubs and shopping.

Whats more ? I received extra personal attention from the hotel Service Stylist Sumati Kamonmit, i told him i am accompanying my husband for his business trip, i am interested in shopping, and guess what ? 10 mins later he came back with a beautiful rose and a shopping map :) what a thoughtful staff i thought, its definitely added credit to the hotel.

Yes, we like this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a club room, it worth the value to enjoy the club benefits.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business