“I just fell in love...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“I just fell in love...”
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This is a perfect hotel. I fell in love with it. The design and theme of the hotel is something that I loved experiencing. The Victorian Theme makes you forget that you're living in the modern world. The location was great. I especially loved having a lot of dining options since the hotel is located at circular quay/southbank area. I was able to try Japanese one night, Italian the next and Mediterranean on my last night. The view is great as well, since my room had a partial view of the river. Loved waking up in the morning and pulling aside the curtains to enjoy the scenic view. On my last night at the hotel, I was able to walk around and do some sight seeing of the city which I appreciated. If I had been staying at a different hotel, I would never had found the time to tour around. The location was just perfect to do a little pleasure trip. St Paul's Cathedral is just magnificent, I was able to go to the Royal Botanical Garden which is huge and so beautiful, I was also able to discover the little italy area where you can enjoy great coffee, there's just a lot to see if you enjoy a little bit of walking, which I did. I was able to take the tram as well that brought me to St Kilda where the Luna Park is also located. I loved my stay at Langham and will definitely stay there again when I visit Melbourne.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gambais, France
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Great location, very friendly staff on the business lounge the rest is an ex old sheraton with small expensive rooms small bathrooms looking like in all tbe US hotels of the 70 th.

• Stayed February 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Excellent hotel and fantastic location to explore Melbourne. I highly recommend the River Corner King on the highest floor you can get but you do get some music from the Bars below until quite late at night but its pretty inoffensive. The staff were excellent in their treatment of guest from the doorman, to the cleaning staff who even if they pass you in the hall say hello and ask how you are. Complimentary late check out was excellent too.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
OKC, OK
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Langham in Melbourne on the 4th leg of our honeymoon. The interior of the hotel is beautiful. Just the ride up the escalator from street level to the lobby is stunning. Our suite was huge, beautiful and quiet, with excellent views from every window. The service was excellent. The gym was well-equipped and spacious. Oddly enough, the restaurant, Melba, has really good Indian food (and the most diminutive naan I've ever seen). Great stay at a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I have stayed at the Langham on a number of occasions now, but went recently for my first wedding anniversary. My husband and I chose the Langham as it is a perfect place for that romantic getaway to Melbourne.

Everything about this hotel is exceptional. The only slight disappointment is that the hotel doesn't have a highly reputable a la carte restaurant like you would normally find attached to a first rate hotel like this one.

If you are going to stay at the Langham, a visit to the Chuan Spa is a must. My husband and I did the Serenity Shen couples treatment as an indulgence and it was simply devine..

The Langham was the perfect choice for an indulgent week long stay in one of my favorite cities. The staff were exceptional and organized some beautiful little touches like champagne and dessert (with Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary written in chocolate) delivered to our room on our first night.

My husband also organized some beautiful long stemmed pink roses to be delivered to the room on one of the nights through reception - which was also handled beautifully.

On check out our bill needed a slight adjustment, but nothing major and it was all handled with such politeness.

Another big thank you to the lovely staff at the Langham!

• Stayed September 2010
NYC, NY
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed at the Melbourne for two nights during a recent trip to Melbourne. The Langham is a lovely hotel in a convenient and accessible part of Melbourne - it is right near the riverbank and many lovely restaurants. When we arrived (straight from a long flight from the US) we were so happy that our room was ready! The room was very comfortable - nice linens and accessories, turn down service, and nice pool. Great breakfast! Our kids just loved the chocolate tower for dipping fruit! We stayed for one evening and then headed to Great Ocean Road and then travel back to spend one additional night at the Langham. They were happy to store a large piece of luggage for us for the 5 nights until we returned. The concierge was also happy to help us figure out how to navigate the Melbourne highway tax and he also made a reservation for us for a lovely dinner at Donovan's for Valentine's night. Overall, a wonderful experience and a delightful place to stay - cannot think of any negatives!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We have just returned from a 6 night stay in the Langham. Upon arrival we were upgraded from a river view room to a deluxe river view room. We were also give free internet access - i didn't ask why but I assume it was because I had previously been in contact with them over the room description which states "internet access" as a room feature yet it is an additional charge. I questioned this as I felt the room description should state that it an option you pay extra for. Apparently internet access is free with certain rooms but I did not find mention of this on their website.

We were shown to our room by a lovely lady who told us everything we needed to know for our stay. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room which was on level 22 had been completely renovated just recently and the furnishings were beautiful.

We ordered a couple of room service meals and both were delivered promptly. We had a complimentary daily paper of our choice, water left in the room every night as part of the turn down service and the tea of our choice after I left a note requesting this. We didn't go to the restaurant because there was just so much choice in the area! We also ended up having a few meals at the Crown Casino complex down the other end of Southbank.

We had a wonderful stay and loved every minute at the Langham.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple