“A Perfect Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Comfy day bed - Honey Apartment One Living Room - Honey Apartment One
Come home to quality furniture - Honey Apartment One
View down Flinders Lane - Honey Apartment One
Floorplan - Honey Apartment One
The Building, Art Deco style  - Honey Apartment One
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Perth, Australia
“A Perfect Stay”
Reviewed 9 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage girls. We stayed in apartment 1 for 8 nights and there is nothing we can say to fault our stay. Kirsten was very prompt with all messages and did everything she could to look after us. The apartment is in a perfect location. We walked to most places in the city and when we needed to access it, public transport was pretty much at the doorstop. Access to supermarkets is not more than a blocks walk away and the 711 across the road was perfect for last minute purchases.
The apartment itself is perfectly clean. I'm a bit of a cleanliness freak and it was well within my standards. The kitchen was well equipped with a full size fridge and dishwasher. It had everything we needed. It was great to have access to a washing machine and dryer as well as a clothes horse to dry clothes on. The shower was great and bathroom facilities are ample. We all found the beds and lounge super comfortable. A stay at Honey Apartments is highly recommended. Thanks Kirsten for the best stay!

lifeisgra...
“Miss”
Reviewed 10 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I needed somewhere affordable but comfortable for a week when on holiday from the Fleurieu Peninsular.
We stayed in Apartment 1 and had the best time ever! To be honest, I really can't fault it. Kirstin was a delight to deal with from start to finish and my security deposit was back in my account in less than 48 hours!
It honestly did feel like a home away from home. Everything we needed was in the apartment, and the location was perfect as we were able to walk or catch the free city tram to most other places.
In the days we felt like doing nothing, there were an assortment of DVD's and books to keep us entertained.. Not to mention the huge amount of Internet we had access to.
Just absolutely loved being there!
Thank you Kirstin, we thoroughly enjoyed our selves. Can't wait to come back!

Jo and Sophia.

John A
Radcliffe on Trent, United Kingdom
“So very convenient”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Honey Apartments are so convenient to just about everything in central Melbourne. The apartment is comfortable, well furnished and fully equipped including laundry, Kirsten is the perfect hostess, made us very welcome.and was very helpful. We would readily recomend the place to anybody - but don't hire a car as parking is a problem and public transport is easy and nearby.

Liked best: home comfort
Liked least: parking!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Zucoto
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Melbourne Home away from home”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We were made very welcome at the Honey Apartment and would recommend this as an excellent base from which to explore Melbourne. It is close to Flinders station and a block or two from tram routes that cover the CBD.

The apartment itself is double glazed to reduce traffic noise. Heating is by way of an efficient heater and there are fans for cooling in summer. The fridge is large, the dish drawers work well and if you feel like cooking the pots are the best quality I have ever come across in a rented apartment or holiday home. If you don't feel like cooking then there is food of every sort within an easy walk of the apartment. There is a convenience store across the road.

There is a large selection of DVDs and books. Our teenagers were thrilled they could connect to the WiFi.

The shower is excellent and there is a bath if you want to soak. We were pretty busy exploring nearby places such as the NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) museum of the moving image, and of course, there is the shopping.

We would definitely stay here again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Only four sets of cutlery and plates (there were 5 of us). Not a major problem just a small nuisance.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Mary G
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“An ideal place for a visit to Melbourne”
Reviewed 26 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

My partner and I were delighted with the apartment, where we stayed for five weeks. It was comfortable and a perfect location for walkers in a very walkable city. Kirsten was most helpful throughout our visit. Our only recommendation, for those staying more than a few days (i.e., want to cook and eat in) is that the kitchen equipment and supplies could be a bit more generous, and we couldn't serve more than 4 people.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
SheviandK...
Albany, Australia
“Girls weekend”
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for helping make our stay in Melbourne fantastic! We came over for a girls weekend to enjoy the city, shop and sight see, we found the apartment bright, fresh, comfortable, amazingly central with nice personal touches and in a quiet complex in the city centre UNBELIEVABLE again thankyou cant wait to stay again next time! Siobhan and Kristy

Liked best: Personal greeting from Kirsten
Liked least: I didnt stay long enough!
Travelling group: Friends
Sydney
“My second home...”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I've been staying with Kirstin at the Honey Apartments during the Comedy Festival for more than ten years now, and I've only ever stayed somewhere else when I couldn't get this apartment. Apartment 1 has become my second home, and it's the perfect place to stay for a longer trip to Melbourne.

The location is perfect - there's two decent sized supermarkets and a handful of smaller ones in easy walking distance. There's a 7-11 over the road for anything you need right now, whatever the time, and you can get to virtually any tram line or the trains in less than five minutes. Flinders Lane is full of fantastic little shops, cafes and restaurants, and it's a great place to just wander, as well as being a quick way to get to Queen St or Swanston St.

It's also an area where I've always felt safe, even coming home at ridiculous hours of the night after a festival show. The police are two blocks away, and there's never been any trouble that we've seen. Having the security door on the apartment building adds an extra element of safety. It's pretty quiet around there at night anyway, though.

The apartment itself is perfect - I'd offer to buy it if I could afford it! Two bedrooms, one bathroom, a neat little kitchen and laundry. I love being able to stock the fridge and not have to eat out every meal during a longer stay, and having the laundry makes packing so much easier. The lounge/dining area is a pleasant place to hang out, and, unlike a hotel, you're not sitting on someone's bed while you do.

Speaking of beds - the single in the corner of the main room is so comfortable, one of my friends kept saying she wanted to take it home with her. I can't say I blame her - the beds are comfy and the bedding is ample for cold nights, with extra quilts and blankets supplied.

Kirstin and her family keep the place in great shape, and they're always fantastically helpful, before, during and even after the stay. One year, my flight was cancelled, delaying me in Sydney, and Kirstin was a great help, letting one of the friends who was staying with me (and had flown down earlier) collect the apartment key. They've come around to change lightbulbs for us (halogens are difficult), arranged repairs on short notice, and let me check out late when my flight wasn't leaving till later in the day and they didn't have anyone else checking in that day.

It's a great place for a group of friends, or for two couples, and it'd be great for a family, too. Smaller groups, I'd send next door to apartment two :) Honey Apartments really give you the feeling of living in the city, not just staying there, and I hope to be back there next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, comfort, city-living feel.
Liked least: n/a - it's all great :)
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing