“No good”

Arrow On Swanston
Ranked #134 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“No good”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Firstly , this hotel has rude staffs.second, the reception is close from 11 pm to 7 pm.what kind of hotels close receptions? What if people reached the hotel at 12 am ? Where they stay? By the road!?!? I rather find another hotel.but do you get a refund for that night? I dont know.third, the shower water is cold.i caught flu after bathing.luckily its only for a ninght after we complained.good job arrow on swanston! Keep this up and your hotel will be abandond

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank gsgdgd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mildura, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

this place is terrible i just can not recommend this place to any one .
rooms are small and stuffy you look out on to other appartments so can not let any light in .
The staff are rude and in no way helpfull i was staying because my mother was in hospital not sure how long i needed to stay they would not refund my money when my mother was discharged to another hospital closer to where i live i paid for car parking up front to they would not refund the two days that i was not using the car park .
just so bad they have no service skills be afraid be afraid of this place it is dirty mould in the shower and i went to get a spoon out of the draw that was put away dirty the sheets are that thin that you can see through them .
no manager on site the staff are hopeless i have owned and opperated accomm for thirty years so i know what i am talking about this place just terrible .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Helen H

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I do not think that the photo's and facilities actually live up to what you say on this site.
On your website the Arrow on Swanston (serviced apartments) gave the appearance that:

1. the apartment looked like a decent size ( it was TINY!)
2. that there was a coffee shop (yes but dreadful food and was shut down on the last day of our stay)
3. A gym - this only opened at 8am so of absolutely no use to us when we were there for business and started at 9am
4. The beauty salon and mini supermarket are not actually "attached" to the hotel
5. The was really no "service" - we were lucky if our rooms were cleaned and the beds made. The sheets were never changed and often clean towels were just left on the kitchen table, benches were not wiped down in the kitchen and bathroom
6. Well equipped Kitchen and dining area - There was only the BARE MINIMUM of kitchen utensils and it was impossible for 2 people to actually sit at the mini kitchen table
7. The beds were very old and uncomfortable - my bed was basically just springs - it was actually painful to sleep in - this I did inform the staff of.

I hope you take on this feedback as I feel that this hotel should be represented as good for students and backpackers - I would not have booked this had I known what the place was actually like. I have booked other hotels through you and I sincerely hope I do not have another disappointing experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Meg A
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2013

went to see Liverpool play in the MCG so decided we would stay in the CBD for 3 nights,chose this location as its a great locations for the trams and shops and pubs.
room was really cold and our room faced right into a library .had to keep blinds down most of the stay.
Staff were slow and not very friendly ,some of them not good English.\
There was a light out in our room and we asked for it to be fixed, it wasn't and also out smoke alarm kept beeping .
Minor things but value for money and amazing location

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashleigh d
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have no times recently to write in any review and this was actually back in Jan 2013, Rooms are comfortable and clean. close to famous Vic Market, old Melbourne gaol and walking distance to Chinatown & city areas, their location was not bad as there is tram stand and taxi stand right in front of the hotel.

They provided free Wifi on public area and it is absolutely free and the speed is acceptable, I would definitely go back if I have a chance to re-visit Melbourne in future!

during my stay there is only one problem I've encountered which is their access card in their lift, sometimes it just not working and you have to tried so many times, but other than this, I think their overall service is above average and last but not least, I love Melbourne! :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a week whilst on holiday in Melbourne, and I have to say that it was one of the nastiest hotels that we have ever had the misfortune of inhabiting. The room was tiny, the heater didn't work, both the bed and pillows were hard as stone and there was no water pressure in the shower. The fridge made a loud humming noise all night, and if the mattress was not already torturing us this would have been loud enough to keep us awake.

Also, the toaster in the room had a frayed power cord which would probably have electrocuted us if I hadn't noticed the damage.

Don't stay here, there are far better choices available.

PS: When we checked in we were told that Skybus did not service the hotel. When we were leaving we asked about the best way to get to Southern Cross Station and the attendant said that we should have booked a Skybus hotel transfer, but it was now too late as it was full. Gah!

Room Tip: Book yourself into a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Adam B
Adelaide
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My second stay here, for a week in May 2013. Rooms comfortable and clean, and well located to the city and a range of restaurants nearby. There's a cafe / restaurant in the basement that does OK dinners (though nothing fancy), and a small business hours cafe on the ground floor linking directly to reception. Plenty of other food places and an Aldi nearby plus a convenience store with basic supplies for stocking the fridge directly next door (though prices there are high - $5 for 2L of milk!)

My door scraped when opening it but this was fixed within 24 hours of reporting it to reception. I was at the northern end overlooking a laneway; unfortunately there was a rubbish truck that emptied bins left in that lane each morning around 5:45am and even though I was on the 4th floor it woke me up every morning. I would recommend trying to get a room facing the back of the hotel.

Room had a modern enough kitchen, shower, toilet, lounge and the basics you need. It was all quite satisfactory for what I needed without being over the top or pricey.
Overall it did what I wanted

Room Tip: Try to get something facing west, away from Swanston St and hopefully noisy laneways!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business