“Costly learning experience”
Review of Arrow On Swanston

Arrow On Swanston
Ranked #129 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This over priced property was a relative disappointment. The service was adequate but scant. This is a virtual do it yourself experience. My first room had no water. The maintenance staff had gone home for the day. The next room they put me in was a twin bed arrangement; not what I paid for. This is a sad and somewhat bleak property with little character, and no appeal to speak of. I assess it has few attractive qualities and is expensive for what it offers. The hotel, be warned, takes and holds a $50 bond at time of signing in. They only repay this to your credit card within, they promise, five working days. Outrageous. It is close to the centre of town. That may be an advantage. I shan't be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Meath_C
There are newer reviews for Arrow On Swanston

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very average for the price we paid. We were given a room on the 2nd floor with a tiny balcony looking out to the car park. People from the car park can look straight into our room as well. Bathroom is adisabled facilitated. The staff could be more considerate and keep this for people needed it more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BYE00
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It was a pleasant stay at Arrow on Swanston. The rooms were impeccably clean and
quiet. The kitchenette was clean and well-equipped. The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful. But the reason why you should choose Arrow is for its location….very prime with trams plying right in front of the hotel. It is also close to Chinatown, Lygon Street and other tourist attractions. We took the Visitor’s shuttle to tour the city of Melbourne, which can be accessed easily from this location. We would definitely stay there a second time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MMDatta
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

First: the website representation and actuality do not match! Cleanliness; what cleanliness? And for service: it sucks; staff members got attitude!

We arrived at the apartment late Friday night, after work and a long flight. 11:30 at night, when we arrived at the reception, there were two staff members at the counter, but no "hello" or an eye contact to acknowledge our presence. Great start!

The person who checked us in had a "whatever" attitude and the other person, obviously busy counting the till, looked as if he was in a constant pain: with "I wish I didn't have to be here" expression.

Well, what else we need to start our trip? We walked in to the we room, we realized it was really tired. We opened the fridge, and found dirty ice-cream cups in the fridge; yuck!

And at check-out, we went to the reception. "You have charges for 2 breakfasts", we were told. One, we didn't go to the restaurant; two, our rate included breakfast. Not a problem, there was no fuss, they took care of it.

Morning reception crew, Kudos to you, night managers- you're in wrong profession!

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Utkrista
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was quite dubious about staying here after reading previous reviews, but im glad I stuck with it. Being an interstate traveller with no knowledge the multiple staff I dealt with were friendly and very helpful with my multitudes of questions.
Location was great, apartment was spotless and had everything we needed during our stay. I found the mattress a little hard but im fussy about my bed. Overall for the price paid I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank RebekahA82
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Firstly , this hotel has rude staffs.second, the reception is close from 11 pm to 7 pm.what kind of hotels close receptions? What if people reached the hotel at 12 am ? Where they stay? By the road!?!? I rather find another hotel.but do you get a refund for that night? I dont know.third, the shower water is cold.i caught flu after bathing.luckily its only for a ninght after we complained.good job arrow on swanston! Keep this up and your hotel will be abandond

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank gsgdgd
Reviewed 1 September 2013

this place is terrible i just can not recommend this place to any one .
rooms are small and stuffy you look out on to other appartments so can not let any light in .
The staff are rude and in no way helpfull i was staying because my mother was in hospital not sure how long i needed to stay they would not refund my money when my mother was discharged to another hospital closer to where i live i paid for car parking up front to they would not refund the two days that i was not using the car park .
just so bad they have no service skills be afraid be afraid of this place it is dirty mould in the shower and i went to get a spoon out of the draw that was put away dirty the sheets are that thin that you can see through them .
no manager on site the staff are hopeless i have owned and opperated accomm for thirty years so i know what i am talking about this place just terrible .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business