Citiclub Hotel
US$97
US$91
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$157
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$176
US$85
US$79
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness centre
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$148
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$149
Travelocity
  • Room Service
US$324
US$259
US$206
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$118
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed on a Sat night and unfortunately made the booking before we read the reviews. It is very well located and we also got the buffet breakfast as part of the deal, so overall the price and value was quite good.

BUT.......if you think you will get ANY sleep, think again......we were placed on the top floor and the music from the nightclub just pounds through the walls.

Given the amount of places to stay in Melb, we certainly won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room on the top floor, I couldn't even imagine how bad the noise must be in the lower rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigbaddasa
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Citiclub on the 11th of feb as was in Melb for a work conference. We booked 20 rooms and got a good rate. Overall the room and bed were OK.
Good points: very close to CBD and associated businesses.
Bad Points: disorganized check in staff, lifts, water pressure in shower was slightly more than a dribble, but only slightly.

Is not my first choice for a hotel in Melbourne, but it's definitely cheap.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank cam_sydney4
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel provides decent value for the room. It's a decent size, bed is OK - bit soft for my liking.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Liked there was plenty of variety of teas in the room. Location is convenient for the Airport bus - < 15 minute walk to Southern Cross Station - and close to a lot of the major shopping areas in the CBD.

Unfortunately there's a club next door that plays extremely loud music till 3 or 4am, maybe later. I was in an odd room on the 7th floor and from around 10pm it was annoyingly loud for the music from the club. made sleep very difficult.

Room Tip: try and get an even numbered room which might shield you from the club next door
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at Citiclub hotel on jan 22. It is basic but clean, comfortable and in a central location convenient to the major shopping centers.
On our arrival we had a double pram, a toddler, a sleeping baby and 3 large bags. The security guard ('Ano') came running out and carried everything in for us. Every time we came in or out of the hotel he was there to help out....a real genteman and outstanding staff member-thank you

Room Tip: Many reviews here are unfair. This is not a 5 star hotel,and shouldn't be judged as such. It is clean and very comfortable. We had a suite which has a small lounge room...not much extra and highly recommend it
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank martinclarkq1
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at the Citiclub Hotel for 3 nights, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I had a small but clean and tidy room on the 7th floor which was adequate for my needs. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the bathroom had nice towels and had all the usual bathroom extras. The various reception staff were friendly enough and answered my enquiries promptly. This is were the good review ends. On the Thursday night, the club downstairs started at about 8.00pm and didn't finish until after 4.30am. Apparently this is normal for Friday and Saturday nights and makes any chance of sleep impossible. The music and the shouting of the club patrons was very disturbing and I don't think there would be any rooms were you would be able to avoid the noise. I didn't know about the club when booking my accommodation but did read the previous reviews on tripadvisor before travelling but decided to stay there anyway as I was not staying for the weekend. Mistake!!!! A private function provided me with a sleepless night and with checkout time being 10am not a lot of sleep time. The club actually spoils this otherwise ok (lower cost) hotel and I would absolutely not recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo