Apartments on Lygon - Melbourne
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$150
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$94
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$117
  • Pool
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$161
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$139
  • Room Service
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$113
  • Room Service
All reviewskitchen utensilsapartment was cleanthree nightsdining tablequiet locationthe ground floordefinitely stay here againtramcbdtelevisiontransport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a last minute booking and was very impressed with the 1 bedroom apt we got. The apartments are located away from the CBD so it was very peaceful and quiet, Just as I like it!

The bathrooms were clean, had stylish fittings and well furnished with a washing machine, dryer, and other essentials such as a hair dryer, towels and soaps. I don't remember if they provided other toiletries (shampoo, condition etc) as I always bring my own. The bedroom was great; comfortable and clean with lots of wardrobe space. They also provided an ironing board and iron in the room just in case. Can't comment about the kitchen as we did not really use it. A quick check showed that it had a microwave, kettle, basic cutlery, crockery, cookware etc. Lygon St was a quick 10 minute walk away, so no cooking needed!

We did not experience any of the noise or smells reported by other travellers. Luck of the draw I guess! Getting to the CBD was not a problem as trams to the city are available at the doorstep. I would definitely recommend this place to those looking for comfortable accommodation in Melbourne.

Quick tip: Reception opens at 8am so don't forget (like we did) to make arrangements beforehand if you need to check-out early. Calls to the number provided were not answered on the morning that we needed to leave (I think she was driving) and we ended up just leaving the keys in the apartment.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BookmarkTravels
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Travelling with a 5 year old, I do not expect 5 star luxury, however, I do expect a few basics. We stayed on the 3rd floor and the hot water took a good 5-7 minutes to come to the shower - longer than it takes my husband to shave! The heating is inadequate, the "free foxtel" in virtually non-existent (thankfully the second time we called someone up to help us with the tv she figured out the batteries in the remote were dead!!), the continental breakfast is a disappointing couple of slices of white bread and a box of cereal. Also, take your own tea, the tea provided is awful. The bathroom in our apartment had been renovated but it looked unfinished - I found ants on the window sill, the tiles were not clean, the architraves had not been updated to match the rest of the bathroom, the toilet roll holder was not fixed properly to the wall so fell off after first use, the furniture was incredibly old & daggy, the kitchen is in dire need of an update. The apartment had a vague smell of urine which took a few minutes to get used to, but hit you each time you walked back in.
All of that said, it is a convenient location and for the price, I guess it's satisfactory. Not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlisonKate_11
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Nothing was really wrong with this place - but then again nothing was really right. This property looks to present itself as a hotel but they definitely are not - half the apartments are owned or leased permanently to smokers apparently (the stairwell always stank like cigarettes), and there are no amenities. My apartment was inexplicably not made up for 2 days in a row, there is no heating in the bedrooms, the kitchen and bathroom were in desperate need of a renovation, the cupboards and fixtures looked like they were from the 1960's. This being said, the staff were okay and the location is fantastic, but considering I could have stayed at a 'real' hotel in a comparable location for the same price - I'm a little disappointed I didn't!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mnonki
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Ex location. Trams to city outside or a 20 min walk. Large well appointed rooms/apartments. some reconditioning ben done. Lots of extras. Friendly staff, hgere are restraunts within 5 minutes, There are NO other apartments anywhere nearby therefore these are in prime spot. We will return. Not over pricy for what and where.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 317BarryK317
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Though having read some of the negative reviews below, we stayed here and found the apartments to be good for a family of 5 - with adequate bedding that it hard to find in hotels.

The furnishings were not 5 star luxury (beds are little more than a couple of mattresses on the ground), but as this was only required as somewhere to sleep that was fine. Also handy to have the kitchen, with cutlery; crockery etc and washer; dryer - you don't get this in most hotels.

As far as staff goes, I was wary of this but found the young guy who checked us in most efficient and polite / helpful. He even suggested a good place in nearby Rathdowne Street for dinner. The older lady (mentioned by others) was rather odd. One of those oddball characters you come across from time to time in this industry. The day before check out I asked her if I could just leave the key in the room (we were planning on leaving early); and she accused me of not having paid yet and said she'd charge my credit card. When I convinced her I had in fact paid (to the younger guy mentioned above), no apology for the "guilty until proven innocent" approach. I think in a previous life she was a check in clerk at Aushwitz.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family