“Convenience and space out of the city”

Apartments on Lygon - Melbourne
Ranked #145 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

My husband, in-laws and baby daughter stayed here overnight in a 2 bd apartment but would have comfortably stayed a week or more. It was roomy, clean and comfortable. I stayed in the front room against the street and did find the traffic quite noisy but it did not bother my husband or my baby. We had everything we needed, although I would have liked a heater in the bedroom as it was quite cold but there is ac in the living room.
Overall, I would stay again as it was comfortable and easy to catch a tram from directly in front of the apartment to the city, and also a very short walk to cafes for a meal. It was also very family friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at Apartments on Lygon for a month this year whilst doing a work related residency. I had a fantastic time and the apartment was ideal and I made it my home for the duration of my stay. In short....... a great location, very easy access to the city on the tram or walking. Helpful management and staff who were happy to help with extra requests such as printing etc and the rooms were serviced daily and kept clean and supplied with fresh towels .

As a female alone I found the apartments ideal, I felt safe in the area in the day and late at night. The Kent Hotel near by did great food and also the 169 cafe does the best brunch! Clothes shops and boutiques also really great in this area. I would wholeheartedly reconmend it!
Jess

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Was very surprised after recommending these apartments to a friend that she told me she had bad reviews on TA. I don't know where these people stayed but it was certainly not at the apartments I was in. On the city edge with easy access by car or public transport, these are exceedingly good value for money. As a party of four we had well presented rooms with lovely linens, a fully equipped kitchen, full-size bath & shower, dining table & flat screen TV. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, there was plenty of info about city attractions & out of town tours and always someone on hand to help with bookings or directions. I would thoroughly recommend Apartments on Lygon and do!

Room Tip: Lygon St side is sunny & peaceful views of Melbourne Cemetery (well worth a look around!).
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Very impressed!!

Me and my partner recently stayed here and had a wonderful time. The staff from the place were great right from handling the booking all the way through to the over and above service that they offered during our stay.

On a first time visit to Melbourne this hotel was perfectly located, the tram on the doorstep took us anywhere we needed to go and was very close to all the things we wanted to see.

I will definitely being staying here again and would recommend to all that i know for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This Hotel is extremely dirty. Dirty Linen , Hair in the bed , Dirty Bathrooms, We had booked our staff to stay at this hotel. They checked out the same night as they would not sleep in such dirty rooms. Terrible how a business can still be in business ??? We were told they would not refund the room cost as the bed was turned down. Well Yes after a pubic hair was found in it - I would not expect my staff to re make the bed. I have 8 photos of this room ! Horrid

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Very average accomodation. Only redeeming feature was the updated bathroom which was clean and modern. Bed was terrible and hard, I never have a problem sleeping but woke up constantly during my stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful but the room is ugly and uninviting. Luckily the location on Lygon street is a short stroll to cafes, which is just as well because you wouldn't want to stay in the room too long!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mattlx m
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed for one night
... the good - location and free parking. Friendly staff on check in. good maps and local information in the rooms. Room was well priced ($139) and could sleep 4.
... the bad - an unlocked courtyard door which I only discovered when settling to bed after being out for a while. Unflushed toilet paper upon my arrival and no UHT milk in fridge, although teabags etc provided.
... the ugly - a long, black hair resting in between the sheets when I turned the covers back. Carpet is worn and well past it's prime.

Would I stay again ... probably not as there's lots of other accommodation options close by

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo