“Kitten club with Kitten-size meals.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tony Starrs Kitten Club
Reviewed 13 January 2008

The place seemed nice. Good venue, good place to meet with friends - but DONT eat there!
We were there for a birthday dinner, and upon seeing the very limited menu, we decided to go for an entree each, as all the mains ranged in the $25-30 mark - not the price I would expect to pay in a place who's core business is a bar. Anyway, the entrees ranged between $16-$18, so as with most Italian menus, we expected the entree size to be a decent portion coupled with a few beers. It was not.
The meal came out on a massive plate, that disproportionately showed more ceramic than food. Just out of interest, I counted how many spoonfuls of rizotto it took to eat it. Four. For $17, I got 4 spoonfuls of rizotto! That's $4.25 per spoonful! If I had done that calculation on the night, I would have licked every costly morsel off the bowl!
I know some of you would say, "yeah cheapskate, it's all about quality". Quality, you say? It was the blandest packet food I've ever tasted! And my wife's marinara was made from 30 cent No.4 packet Spaghetti, with 3 boiled prawns and 4 mussels. No sauce - that might take too much out of their profit margins. Apparently there was some type of oil on it, but it was nowhere to be found.
And if you're going to say "well it was only an entree", well some friends ordered the mains which were not much larger, which inevitable turned the conversation to how crap the food is. Sorry Kitten club, but if you want repeat patronage in your restaurant, don't skimp on the quantity and quality. That's what eating out's all about.

1  Thank Elegeion