Oaks on Market
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$122
  • Room Service
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$136
US$101
US$95
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$138
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$77
  • Free Internet
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$117
US$96
US$85
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$124
  • Fitness centre
US$319
US$257
1,470 results
All reviewsmarket stgreat locationstudio apartmentcrown casinosouth bankshort walkyarra rivercollins streetcentral locationpool and gymgood sizetram stoplarge bathroombusiness tripreception staffwater pressurelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I recently stayed at Oaks on Market St and enjoyed the experience. My studio room was quite large, the room was clean, it was serviced daily, and it had good "vibes". The only fault I could find with it was the shower head. It made the water come out more like a mist than a strong spray. The buffet breakfast was also good value.

I am quick to savage a bad hotel, but I would recommend staying at Oaks on Market St.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are quite large.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market Street.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I arrived early Sunday and was able to check in straight away, which was great. BUT, upon check in the receptionist proceeded to inform me that I will be charged $150.00 off my visa card to cover any incidentals I may occur. I had no intention of using their facilities and because they took that out of my bank account almost immediately, I pretty much didn't have any spending money at all. My stay pretty much sucked thanks Oaks. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Oaks is the first hotel that I have stayed at where they have physically taken money out of your account. Like a bank. So on check out on Tuesday I asked them when should I expect my $150.00 back and he said in 2 or 3 days, but they can fax the bank to fasttrack which he said he will do. What I load of crap. I am still waiting for my money. I will not be using the Oaks franchise again and please check with the hotel to find out their policy on card charges before committing! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market Street.

We apologise for the confusion in regards to the bond for your room. A security bond is required from all guests on arrival at each of our properties. This is processed as a credit card pre-authorisation in which case the bank places a hold on your funds. Depending on the card issuer this will automatically release within 10 working days. Every attempt is made to ensure this information is explained by our reservations team and further information can be found on our reservation confirmation letters and guest registration cards. We apologise if this was not communicated to you correctly. This will be addressed with all team members.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pros:
Close to tram
In a good location
modern
helpful staff

Cons:
Pool is in an annoying place, takes too long to get to basement
left waiting since staff lock pool lift so they can use it
had to wait 2 hours for our room to be cleaned
gave us tissues instead of toilet paper??? uhmm wth
view of buildings
two bedroom was quite suishy

Room Tip: High the better :)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I picked this for the location near a workshop I was running.

Roadworks outside and steps into the building with luggage made access difficult.

No real strong points or weaknesses, Could have been any mid range hotel in any city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here for a week and I love how modern and clean the hotel is. Great food from their restaurant, although it's so hard to get through to their room service every time I call.

Grumpy receptionists, i have talked to about 4 of them to ask a question and they hardly smile and does not seem proactive in helping customers.

Room service staff do not smile either, maybe they have a rule against smiling??

Housekeeping does an amazing job in cleaning. Every time i come back from a long day meeting with clients my room is always spic and span and they even fold my clothes which is just GREAT!

Close to the buzz of the city so love the location!

Will definitely stay again once receptionists are friendlier!

• Stayed: April 2012

We apologise for the disappointment you felt at the standard of service you received. We continually strive to provide the very highest levels of service in all our hotels and it is disappointing to know that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured your concerns will be raised with the staff and the General Manager of Learning & Development.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.