Apartments on Flemington
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$102
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$181
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$88
  • Pool
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$117
US$302
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslaundry facilitiesideal locationcomfortable bedwould definitely stay here againcbd
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at these apartments (2 sets of grandparents) as our daughter had to have her baby in Melbourne because of the baby's heart complications. We saw other accommodation before we booked this which was MUCH nicer and the same price or less. But our daughter asked us to stay there to look after our 2 yr old grandaughter. The furniture is extremely old and stained. The sofa cushions allow you to sink in to them - no support for anyone, worse for me as I have a chronic back condition. These apartments are advertised as "serviced" but they are only serviced every few days, though the carpet is vacuumed, the linen is not changed often. Also, when they give fresh towels, they do not remove the soiled ones! We used showers in 3 apartments - none had all the sliding doors. also had dripping taps in the sink. Yes,the staff were friendly but because we could not give an exact date of leaving because of complications with the baby, we were hounded by the concierge who told us he could rent our apartments for $200 (we negotiated for $128 as we ended up staying 17 nights). He finally agreed not to charge us an extra two nights because of short notice to leave. He did give me free wifi which I was extremely grateful for. He asked if he could order us a maxi taxi and we agreed, for the airport. WE WERE VERY ANGRY that he ordered a private van WHICH COST $90 INSTEAD OF $30. We wondered if he got commission.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you want accommodation close to the hospitals. DON'T LET THE CONCIERGE PRDER YOU A TAXI!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jessicalouiserabbit
NMSA, Manager at Apartments on Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
We thank all our guests for their feedback because we rely on them and they help us to constantly improve our services.
Here is the clarification from our side:
Our rates and booking policies ( check-in time : 2.00 PM - check-out time : 10.00 AM) as well as our cancellation or changing policy for at least 48 hours’ notice in advance – are clearly stated in all our confirmations, check-in registrations forms, brochures as well as on the webpage.
As was in your personal situation with a last minute booking request , we try to manage and serve our Guests as much as we can and to be very flexible with our reservations policies. I am really sorry and please allow me to express my apologies and regret that you have perceived my job duties and obligation in a "hounding" manner. I was just tried to get the right information about how long you will need the apartments.
Regarding the maxi-taxi transfer order , just FYI we do not have commission for the bookings and as soon as I received the writing confirmation I handed to you and the price for the transfer was enclosed in the letter with all other information. Also the transfer company has sent an confirmation email to your email. If we would know about your price in-satisfaction we could made several suggestions for an alternative transfer solutions. We are really sorry that you didn't informed us about that matter.
My personal thanks for your kind appreciation for us as a "friendly staff".

For any other matters , which unfortunately affected you, please accept our sincerely apologies for that. I’m glad to know that the rest of your stay was pleasant and your beautiful family is well and safe back home now. Again, thank you for staying with us.

With my best wishes,

Octavian

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Sofa bed had no mattress, so if you sat on it, it sank to the floor. Tiles on shower floor coming off, only given one think blanket for cold Melbourne nights and the remote for the TV was not working properly. Bed sheet had pink stains all over it. Worst place I have ever stayed!! Oh and no lift..had to drag luggage up and down the stairs.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Missxr
NMSA, General Manager at Apartments on Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at North Melbourne Serviced Apartments. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the good standards that we set for our apartments. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations.
We regret that we were not able to deliver a great experience for your stay.
We are sorry that we haven't been informed about all these issues after or at your check-in time as you may have noted an your arrival the issues , to have the opportunity to correct them , prepare the sofa bed for you or to change with another room and our staff is always willing to help and assist with the luggage if this is required.
We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.
We have closely looked into the issues you have brought to light and would welcome if you could please write us at service@northmelbourneapartments.com.au so that we may get your contact number and call you directly.
Again, please accept our apologies.

Best wishes,

Octavian

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The place was clean, comfortable, convenient to the hospital. which is the reason we were in Melbourne. Stayed here for a month.

I couldn't say more about Octavian, the manager, he could not do enough and never said no when asked for something. He, and the staff, were all extremely pleasant and the owner should be happy to have such a great staff.

i honestly could not say enough good about them.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room assignment I would rest assured that the manager would do all that he could to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We are just about to book our second visit here. My son has to go to the children's hospital every 12 months and after our last stay, I'm not interested in going anywhere else.
The staff here are so friendly and accommodating, the rooms are great value and it is such a short walk to the hospital! I don't think my son walked passed one of the staff without getting a smiling face and a greeting to him, not just us. I'm looking forward to staying here again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Positive - The accommodation that I rented was the studio, great for a couple or single person, very accommodating and pleasant staff. The room was very clean and daily service for towels.
Negative - old building with no elevator and the taps dripped.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family