“great”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 27 reviews

Reviews from our community

jewels898
Brisbane
“Poor service and dangerous accommodation!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I have stayed in numerous venues, some better than others, but none that has compelled me to warn travellers. After staying in 94 Highett I was appalled at my treatment and the state of the accommodation.

About the Accommodation:
The studio - advertised for the budget conscious should also read electrical unsafe, illegal structure that I doubt would pass any council height regulations. The place is located at the back of the property above the garage. It is very tired and not made for anyone taller that 5ft, as I hit my head in the shower. For $120 a night it's not good value at all.

About the service: I was unaware until I arrived that the owners do not live on the premises which I found unusual for a B&B. I was here for work and would not have stayed if I'd know the place would be unoccupied by the owners or any guests. Being female and left in a strange place on my own was quite unsettling.

When I rang the owner for the Wi-Fi password I was told to simply use the main house but that night with it pouring down rain and gale force winds, it was not an option. There was also no (sensor) lighting left on for me so I was not keen to take my laptop downstairs in the dark. The advertised Wi-Fi only works in the main house so I was quite annoyed as I specifically spoke to the owner requesting this requirement for work purposes.

Charm was really lacking here as when I came in for breakfast the first morning I heard the owners discussing me on the phone - his comments were " I had to come all the way in the this morning just to cook this one woman breakfast "!

After hearing this appalling remark I declined breakfast the following day, the owner gave me a random excuse explaining his behaviour and that he was just joking around and breakfast was 'part of deal'. They also offered me an upgrade to the main house as compensation but it would have been for only one night. The main house is also very tired and I wouldn't consider it much of an upgrade except for maybe the roof may not blow off in a storm like the studio.

The one thing they were efficient at was quickly debiting my card for full payment!

I would certainly not stay here again, nor would I recommend anyone else do so!

Date of stay: September 2013
Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: The Owner
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Oct 2013
This particular guest proved to be the most rude person we have ever had the misfortune to host
Every effort was made to make her comfortable but to no avail
I will leave future guests to read all of our previous complimentary reviews and make up their own minds
Jeff Cheffers
Owner
Kabab
Perth, Australia
“great”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Stayed a second time in 94 Highett, still my favorite BnB. Freedom is what this BnB offers which is different to other places, no need to creep in as if your parents are waiting up for you, no need to feel as if you are using the family lounge. The difference here is that the accomadation is more like segregated apartments. Location is great, especially when you figure out that Church St, Bridge Rd, and a little walk to Victoria st will offer you trams, and there is a train station at the end of the road, near the pub that looks like a house.

Date of stay: September 2013
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
biddiebri...
Lennox Head, Australia
“Lovely and comfortable house ..”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I recently stayed at 94 Highett Street for a work trip in Melbourne with 5 others. We were warmly greeted by Julie, who gave us the in's and out's and allowed us to drop our bags early in the day although she was busy doing the swap around for us.
The house is well heated (for the cool Melbourne winters) and quiet to sleep in. The rooms are big and well equipped (TVs, bar fridge etc) and the beds are comfy. It is a 5 minute walk to restaurants and shops, as well as a train station and tram stops.
I would highly recommend 94 Highett for your extended Melbourne stays.

Date of stay: August 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home-ly feel of the house.
Liked least: My pillow :(
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
9 Aug 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments Bridie and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay
We hope to see you again
Cheers
Jeff and Lexie
Cantwaitf...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, just don't use the recomended taxi driver!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A slightly quirky property, but no worse for that, but a great choice due to Jeff and Lexie. Easy to explore from as conveniently situated. Wonderful breakfast with freshly squeezed oranges every morning. Home made bread. Enough to satisfy even the greediest visitor (aka Big Dave). The property is perhaps a little tired in places but this did not spoil our enjoyment. However I would suggest you don't use the taxi driver they recommend. We booked him for our trip to the airport and not only did he not turn up but we were unable to get hold of him, he didn't return our calls and we may have missed our flight as it took sometime to arrange a replacement if our flight hadn't been delayed.

Date of stay: June 2013
Liked best: Breakfast
Liked least: The non attending taxi they arranged
Travelling group: Friends

Date of stay: April 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Perth
Reviewed 26 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Date of stay: January 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
TouringCy...
Berlin, Germany
“Great property and perfect location”
Reviewed 15 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Third time in Melbourne but the first time at 94 Highett. Wonder why we haven't found this place any earlier as it's just perfect to explore they city. Quite residential location but still just a few minutes on the tram to the CBD. Or if you feel like the beach, a little longer but still direct tram ride to St. Kilda.
We had the huge ground floor unit with more than enough space for us two and enjoyed the quietness. No other guests on the same floor and every unit has it's own entrance, so you can enjoy full privacy until everybody meets up for a chat and a lovely, fresh prepared breakfast in the large kitchen. Jeff is an excellent and more than helpful host who will assist you wherever he can. Once again thanks for storing our bike boxes! We'll definitely be back if we come to Melbourne again sometime in the future.

Date of stay: January 2013
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
15 Jan 2013
Thank you for the lovely comments and our pleasure to host such charming guests
Great to compare experiences with fellow cyclists
Looking forward to your return
Jeff and Lexie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.