“Great Food and Service as Always”
Review of China Bar

China Bar
Ranked #1,188 of 4,323 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After another great meal at the China Bar, its only fitting I let you know.
We dined on good Friday and the seafood was fresh, amazing service and helpful staff.

We have dined at all 3 China Bars in Melbourne and all are great but China Bar Russell Street is our preferred choice.

Thanks again for a wonderful night

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went there in August with four other friends and we amazed with the range, quantity and quality of food, especially seafood.

Sashimi section with surf clam, kingfish and Atlantic salmon was enough to justify the pricing let alone all the rest of the options.

A must for a hungry crew who appreciate quality food.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Quick friendly service, good value, we always seem to enjoy it here, good late night feed, good times.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you enjoy a great range and selection of Chinese foods, seafood and deserts then you have to try China Bar.
Fair price for an all you can eat banquet , nice and fresh and a massive selection of fine foods, NOT australianised Chinese but authentic.

Great venue with a group , my family enjoyed the atmosphere and the food!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Bizarre as it may seem, I would never associate good dimsum with China Bar. But that was what I found out last night. Among all the buffet offering that was presented, I found the dim sum quality decent and authentic.

Other dishes I tried include the Fin Soup (meant to be Sharks' Fin soup, decent), the Peiking Duck Wrap (way too much meat and wrong sauce), steamed chicken (tough and tasteless chicken meat, sack the chef), fresh oysters (decently fresh but definitely not the pacific kind. Incidentally, I found the oyster flesh disconnected from their shells as opposed to those fresh ones I eat at hotel restaurants. A bizarre thought came to my mind: recycled oyster shells!) and others.

Service is decent with our plates cleared quite regularly.