“' China Town' .”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Situated in the heart of China Town ' The Empress of China ' , offers a good selection of dishes to explore the Chinese cuisine. For my wife and I , we started with Hot and Sour , and Chicken and sweet corn soups. Delicious and plenty of. I had the Pork spare ribs , traditional style and of course , more, more , please! Really tasting and recommended, highly. We also shared the stir-fry prawns , with vegetables. Plenty of plump prawns and of a good size. Service was excellent along with a clean and cosy restaurant. Certainly deserves a visit , when next in Melbourne. Reviewer: Alan Scott, Kingsley, W.A.

1  Thank alan s

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had dinner here after going to a show. We ordered 2 dishes with fried rice, the first beef dish was lovely, tender meat, very tasty, then came the lemon chicken, this really was uneatable, had been left in the deep fry too long the batter was bordering on the burnt side, and there was very little chichen, some pieces there was not any, those that did have chichen were very thin, we eat lemon chichen a lot and usually the batter is light golden and inside thick pieces of chicken.We would not go back, there are far too many other places in Chinatown. We did not eat the lemon chicken and told the staff,no apology or offer to replace the dish, very poor customer service..

2  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Today, my friends and I have decided to find a place to eat and we chose this place. It was a big mistake. First off, I ordered a meal and even pointed at the menu, however, they ended up giving the wrong food and argues that it is my fault for ordering it when I could clearly remember what I ordered. Secondly, I found lipstick stuck on one of my friends' drinking glasses which was pretty disgusting. Finally, I small pieces of vegetables in my small sauce bowl which was supposed to be completely empty as this gave the impression that these people don't clean wash their dishes at all. Never coming back.

2  Thank Roy T
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Been to the Empress many times over the years the food is fine, the staff are typical and make mistakes but over all a handy place to eat in Chinatown, will return im sure...

3  Thank JohnP3840
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Chinese tea for one served in a thermos and thermos lid. No china cup. $75 for three, entree and three mains. The interesting thing was that when we paid by card, the bossy girl broke the Visa card. She sent a boy over to apologise and made no effort to give a discount or apologise herself. This place had a bizarre vibe and strange service. They need to pick up their game.

2  Thank CarolynAnneMac