“Tasty Hokkaido style ramen”
Review of Ito Japanese Noodle Cafe - CLOSED

Ito Japanese Noodle Cafe
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Singapore
“Tasty Hokkaido style ramen”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We are more used to the deep rich tonkotsu broths so this style of ramen broth is much lighter but still very very tasty and had layers of flavour built in, such that we didn't miss our tonkotsu broth so much. We also ordered an unagi don which was cooked very well. I just find it a bit pricey for the quantity but it is a pleasant restaurant and unagi isn't a cheap raw ingredient too.

Visited June 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Twice in Three Days”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had lunch at this restaurant twice in our three day trip to Melbourne. The food was great and they made allowance for my allergy to soy and they catered well for my vegetarian daughter. I had the best sashimi I have ever had. The prices were good but they made a mistake with our order each time we went, which was quickly remedied with earnest apology when pointed out.

Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great ramen. Have been back a few times”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've been here around 3 times with friends and wife (dinner only) and its always good. I'm a lover of visiting Japan and have tried to find good ramen back here in Melbourne. The best I can find is Ito. Its not as good as the best I've had in Sapporo or Fukuoka (my fav styles) but its certainly as good as average ramen in Japan.

The atmosphere is ok, nothing special. Although, I am a big fan of booths so that's a plus. Normally fairly quiet and I've never seen it full. Staff are friendly enough.

We've only ever had ramen here, takoyaki, gyoza and the ribs. Mate didn't like the ribs (dry he said). The takoyaki is really nice and gyoza good too. We have only had the miso based ramen (as opposed to soy based) and its always good. Better than Ramen-ya in our opinion, although never as full.

well be back for ramen.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne
“Good place for a quick lunch ...”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you like Japanese, need a quick yummy lunch for an economic price? This is the place to be.
Friendly staff also and efficient (although they sometimes show up with the wrong dish for another table).
Overall, good place and has become a regular lunch place.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Questionable quality Japanese”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We ate dinner here and the food was terrible. We ordered a katsudon and it was cold. It looked like everything came from a packet. We couldn't tell if the 'egg' was actually egg and the sauce was definitely not the same as it is in Japan.

• Visited July 2013