“Tasty, accommodating and inexpensive”
Review of Thai Culinary

Thai Culinary
Ranked #2,125 of 4,062 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Antananarivo, Madagascar
“Tasty, accommodating and inexpensive”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We tried this place yesterday based on reviews from urbansppon and were not disappointed. We three shared three different types of dishes, curry, noodles, stir fry, one chicken, one fish, and one vegetables. The three of us all like spicy so we asked for extra spicy and they accommodated us perfectly. They were even kind enough to take photos of us. The restaurant is not licensed for alcohol at all, even byo. Go for the food and then drink elsewhere. It's a good thing we did not read the reviews from here because we might not have gone. I guess the hygiene issues have been taken care of because the place was constantly packed at 4pm. Didn't notice the ambiance as I was not expecting white tablecloth and we were enjoying each other's company.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We discovered this restaurant through an Ouffer voucher offer and four of us went Saturday night. The voucher said 4 dishes per couple and so they were but half were ok and half weren't. No real choice. We had chicken satay (quite nice) and mixed spring rolls which were were so-so. Then we got chicken padgrapaw which was not bad but the massaman beef curry was downright ordinary, like stirfried thin pieces of beef with a curry sauce poured over them. The service was extremely amateurish and not at all up to a wellrated Urbanspoon restaurant. Maybe it was the restaurant's choice of dishes because although the four of us are huge Thai food fans, we certainly won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,302 helpful votes
“Food lovely ambiance poor!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Had I read the reviews prior to dining I probably wouldnt have dined at this restaurant as it appears that there are some hygiene issues.

In saying that I can only report what I experienced. Food was lovely but ambiance was very poor and the place could certainly do with a freshen and clean up. Our bill came to exactly $20 which were two of their lunch specials which is served with rice.

This place was recommended to me by several friends. We were at the Victoria Markets so that is the reason we decided to have lunch here.

The place was very busy and there wasnt a spare table whilst we were dining. In fact as soon as we left another couple took our table.

I guess I would now be reluctant to dine here again only because of the previously reported hygiene issues.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tommomelbourne
Singapore, Singapore
“Not Thai”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Ate there yesterday and found a strand of hair in the tom yum kung (prawn tom yam soup). A really crowded place that is not very well managed with just 2 waitresses running the show on the ground. Food was just average and not Thai enough for me.

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne
“I called the health department”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

It's taken me a while to get around to writing this but please never eat at Thai Culinary. I used to be a regular customer until I got food poisoning from the food there. A sucker for torture, I returned there a month later to find a full, cooked and soaked in curry cockroach in my yellow chicken curry dish. I have photos to prove (though I wont attach to save your stomach) and a reference number for the health inspector. I don't know how this place is still open but do yourself a favour and give this one a miss...it's just not worth it!

1 Thank Nicole S