“Great Experience”

Neighbourhood: Central Business District
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Food was fantastic, service was superb. Dining atmosphere was modern, innovative and to-die-for skyline view of Melbourne city. Menu was thoughtful and expertly executed. Great dining experience, the standard is definitely up there with some of the world's best.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank EM W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
“Ahhhhhmazing”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

So great! From the moment we walked in we were overwhelmed by the amazingness! Beautiful food and lovely wine! Staff were superb... And the cheese! Yum yum yum

Visited July 2014
“Great but....”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great view and fine food BUT having given the staff my coat on entrance, as I left they could not find it.
No apology only the statement "we don't take responsibility for customers coats", I only wish they told me that when I arrived, as now I have no coat.
I was told they would call me the next day which they did not do, I called left a message and again was told staff would call me, but no one did. - Bad end to a otherwise lovely restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Once in a Lifetime”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This stunning restaurant has mastered fine dining. This was a 'once in a lifetime' kind of night out for a friend and I, and everything from our arrival to the end was perfect. Staff are incredibly knowledgeable, service was brilliant and food was so outstanding. And a special thank you to the sommelier, who allowed us to try some of the best wine I've ever had!
I would highly recommend this restaurant for a really special night out!
And the follow-up email with our menu was a very thoughtful touch to help us remember such a lovely evening!

• Visited April 2014
“A late birthday treat”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were lucky to be given vouchers for the restaurant as a birthday present and decided to book Sunday Lunch with our close friends. We arrived at 12 15 and enjoyed pleasant pre-lunch drinks at the Lui bar taking in the panoramic views of Melbourne from the 55th floor location. We were allocated the 'Chef's table' for 7 opposite the kitchen and chose to have the Gastronomes menu which consisted of a large number of small dishes served at a leisurely pace throughout the afternoon. A specific request that 3 of our group were not red meat eaters was readily dealt with by alternative dishes. All of the serving staff were knowledgeable and attentive and ready to explain the make-up of the different courses. The tea sommelier Charlie did a great job explaining the origin of the different teas and the single pot of pu-erh for the table lasted all afternoon. The food was interesting and imaginative and the small servings allowed us to sample a wide variety of flavours. The wines are expensive but some reasonable bottles can be found at affordable prices. Other reviews have commented on service being rushed. We may have been fortunate that there is no Sunday night dinner so our lunch stretched out to 6 hours and we saw the City views change from daylight to sunset to night-time. A most enjoyable afternoon.

• Visited July 2014