“FANTASTIC SEAFOOD WITH GREAT VIEW”
Review of Finz

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Melbourne
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Wonderful fresh seafood and excellent staff. This year we had to eat at the cafe level as 92 y.o. mum not up to climbing stairs to upper level. The food was just as good and we had another
wonderful time. We ordered the hot and cold seafood platter and the BBQ seafood platter and
enjoyed every bite. The prices are reasonable given the high quality of food served. Wish they had an elevator for upper level, otherwise, no complaints. Will go back.

2  Thank czechmateNewYork

Reviewed 7 May 2011

I took my partner here tonight and we were immediately welcomed and promptly taken to our table. Our waiter, Aaron, was very professional and polite and really made us feel welcomed and at ease.
We ordered the Garlic Prawns and the Surf and turf (this one being from the evenings specials menu), with a side serving of herbed vegetables.
The Garlic Prawns really were amazing, with a generous serve size and the prawns cooked to perfection.
The Surf and Turf was ordered medium rare and they did a really great job of this also. The steak, for the most part, cut really nicely and was very well presented and the prawns, as expected were very nice.
The vegetables were a particularly nice accompaniment to the meals and offered a very nice texture and flavour to the mix.
The only shortcoming I could offer at this stage is that the drinks waiter was a little overzealous and frequently arrived at our table and interrupted our conversations to inquire how our night was going. This would have been perfectly acceptable if he had not done this over 10 times during our sitting. However, he appeared to be reasonably new so I have no doubt his level of professionalism will improve over time.

It is a beautiful venue and is definately recommended. We will certainly be returning.

2  Thank JulznGrum
Reviewed 17 December 2010

This was my third visit to Finz upstairs seafood restaurant in Sandringham and it just keeps getting better. The staff are friendly and accommodating, highly professional - nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant itself has a light, bright airy atmosphere, formal without being pompous and stuffy. The view is lovely.

My friend and I decided to start by sharing an entree - salt and pepper squid, which came with a little bowl of asian inspired dipping sauce and some fresh salad leaves in a tasty dressing. The dish was delightfully tender and tasty, perfectly cooked.

For my main meal I decided on one of the specials of the day - tandoori groper which came with rice, yoghurt and some salad. It was absolutely beautiful, fresh, tender, melt in the mouth gorgeous. My friend had barramundi fillet which she proclaimed as delicious.

The servings are of a good size so no desert was needed - an overall superb dining experience.

My only negative comment would be that Finz perhaps is a little over priced. We had one entree, two main meals and two bottles of their least expensive sparkling wine which came to around $170 or $85 each. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to pay it now and then but would be tempted to Finz more often if it was a little more reasonable. Bayside is full of very good restaurants that also serve great food that don't charge so much. Maybe Finz would find the restaurant consistantly full, rather than mostly empty (on the occassions I have been anyway) if they brought their prices down a bit and their customers felt they were getting better value for money. However, that is a minor point and I definitley recommend this restaurant to friends but would point out that it is pricey.

1  Thank ausrose
Reviewed 2 June 2009

This restuarants food in unbelievable. We went there with the expectation that it would probably be ordinary. How wrong were we... The food was beautiful. The prawns were fresh and so were the scallops. Although it was not busy the atmosphere was nice. The waiter could not of been more accomodating to us. Very good service and price. We are thinking about having our wedding reception there.

1  Thank Hoffin
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Amazing seafood and great atmosphere. Service was friendly but a little laid back (menus are good to get when you arrive, not after you've had entree!). Upstairs was expensive but highly recommended.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook