“Quick dinner”

Ranked #870 of 4,477 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Arriving late in Melbourne we went looking for some food close to our apartment. Found Tokyo Maki just across the road. Japanese is not my usual first choice. So glad I gave it a go. Lots to choose from and very good. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

My husband and I ate here for lunch after going to Sealife. The food was excellent. The service was fast and friendly. The prices were very good. Really impressed.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This little Japanese/Korean restaurant serves yummy and inexpensive food. I had the Bento and it was great! My husband and I came in for a snack, and then ended up returning for dinner that same night.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is very affordable. Good for anyone wanting to eat Korean/Japanese food on a budget. We were lucky to have an early seating to accommodate our children.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I really wanted to try their charcoal BBQ but my partner is not a fan of cooking your own food. The owner cooked it in front of us, so, it's handy although I really don't mind flipping my own meat. :-)

My partner orderer some japanese dishes.

Eel nigiri: 4/5

Pork Gyoza: 3/5
My partner thought it was vegetarian as there wasn't much meat in them but I could see some minced pork pieces, probably made up to around 10% of the ingredients.

Charcoal BBQ Spicy pork belly: 5/5

Charcoal BBQ Ox Tongue: 3/5
A little tough, not as melt in your mouth like the ones you get at Hwaro.

Price: 2/5

Service: 4/5
Charcoal BBQ took a while to be served.

Charcoal BBQ condiments: 1/5

Overall: 3.1/5