“Christmas Day Lunch 2012”
Review of Albert Park Hotel

Albert Park Hotel
Ranked #2,994 of 4,039 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Albert Park
Sydney, Australia
“Christmas Day Lunch 2012”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Visiting son and partner in Melbourne for Christmas so booked lunch for the 5 of us. The menu sounded great with good choices. Unfortunately the meal itself was a let down. The entrees were fine, mains were ok except for my husbands. He ordered the Cape Grim rib fillet medium. The first time it was bought to table it didn't even make rare and was sent back. The second time it at lease was rare and sent back again with a comment from the waiter that I must want it well done which wasnt appreciated or needed. Finally on the third attempt (by which time every one else had already eaten their meals) the steak came back medium rare (close enough).
Then dessert everyone was happy but me I had ordered the Spiced rice wine poached peaches (note plural) with ginger panna cotta. What I got was one cheek of a small peach. What happened to the word PEACHES I didnt even get a whole peach. At least 3 out of 5 diners were happy with their meal experience.
I would point out that our son is a Chef with experience in Sydney Melbourne and Canada and even he agreed that the food wasnt up to standard

• Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Great for local seafood”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is a great place for fish and seafood. The menu has heaps of choices (even for non fish lovers) and always a good choice of local fish. A particular favourite of ours is to order a large fish to share, and have it barbecued and served with a selection of their sauces/salsas. The maitre d' is an expert at deboning it at the table - always nice to have a little theatre with your meal. They are great with kids too.

• Visited December 2012
Ferntree Gully, Australia
“Yummm!!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was brought here for lunch, and the venue was a surprise for me, for my birthday.
I am finding it hard to choose the right words, exceptional maybe. The best oysters I have eaten in years, a dozen of the chef's special, from 3 different regions in Australia,with delicious Asian influenced sauces. So fresh you can still taste the sea!!
There were three of us eating together , so we chose a selection of tasting plates to share, and enjoyed everything we had.
Our waiter knew his menu , and was very helpful!
We enjoyed a lovely Tasmanian bubbly (Janz) that went well with the food.
The atmosphere is nice with an inviting outdoor area for nice days .
I am sure we will return for another special meal!
Well Done.
Maz.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank marilynjoy
Melbourne, Australia
“Great bar menu and atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The mini burgers are delicious! This is a great place to chill out or a place to socialize at night. Highly recommend if you're thirsty.

Visited July 2012
Melbourne
“Seafood Spectacular”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The seafood here was a real treat. They have a great range of fresh fish and oysters. It's a shame the rest of the experience doesn't stack up. I love ambience but this place was too noisy. The service was mixed and the wine list was limited.

• Visited July 2012