“WOW!! Loved the atmosphere.”
Review of Gopal's Vegetarian

Gopal's Vegetarian
Ranked #384 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Healthy
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hands down the best vegetarian restaurant in Melbourne.
I have visited this place multiple times now, but cant resist the surreal experience of food with spiritual chants in the background. In our daily lives and all the rush that goes with it, this little place provides solace.
The food is alright, the portions are generous.
There is a homely feeling about this place, doesn't feel like a restaurant.

Not so good part: You need to climb lots of stairs and the restrooms are right at the end of these stairs. So the first thing you see before entering this restaurant from the stairs is 'Men'.

There are newer reviews for Gopal's Vegetarian

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been coming here on and off since 2003 when I was in High School and the food has never changed it's always delicious, although I've once or twice been disappointed with the kofta balls. I still order them no matter what.

You'll work for your food with the climbing of the stairs but it's worth it. The place is spacious, the atmosphere is lovely, the walls are gorgeous. The food is delicious and the price is cheap. You're never hungry leaving this place, because the servings are quite large. The staff are always friendly. Great value and delicious food. I can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was excited about the opportunity to eat at Gopals Melbourne after having enjoyed an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful meal at the Cardamon Pod in Broadbeach also run by the Hare Krishnas. From the time we walked through the door of Gopals I have to say I was deeply disappointed...the setting was grotty & run down, the service incredibly ordinary...my nann bread didn't arrive until we were about to leave & my meal was inedible.
How does one destroy shredded beetroot salad??? Everything I had on my plate was tasteless & seemed to be made from prepackaged food not the fresh healthy food we'd been experienced at other Hare Krishna run restaurants. My husbands broccoli was still frozen on the inside & yet burnt on the outside....& once again had no flavour. The apple & wheatgrass juice that came with my meal appeared to be straight out of a bottle & definitely not fresh & my husbands mango lassi was undrinkable. I imagine my negative take of this restaurant was magnified because I had been expecting lovely fresh vegetarian & vegan food & healthy drinks & value for $$$$ like I have experienced at other Hare Krishna Restaurants. Sadly eating at Gopals Melbourne is not an experience I wish to ever repeat. It was such a waste of what could have been absolutely delicious food.

1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place is great and cheap. My kids also love this place and we always drop by for a feed, when ever we are in town. Great food options and large serves. They are happy to give us a couple of extra plates, and we share the a couple of three course meals, between the four of us. Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place has clearly marked vegetarian and vegan options. You get one or two mains with rice and salad plus a dessert if you want one for about $11 (less food costs less). Good value, quality food in the CBD.