“Guest room ”

The Pearle of Cable Beach
Perth, Australia
“Guest room ”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The pearle of cable beach is a beautiful place to stay. Gardens and surroundings are beautiful and loved the pool. We stayed in a guest room, modern but basic. A couple of stains on the bed cover but other than that very clean. We stayed for a few days and didn't want to eat out every day and night so the room could do with a microwave or a communal BBQ might be a good idea. Other than that loved our stay and would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a 1 bedroom pavilion for 3 nights, very large living area, private pool was amazing! huge bathroom and kitchen, deck out the front was great and the kids had enough space to play.
Will return again and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 193Laura454
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

“Pearl at Cables” is rated as a four and half star resort. Accommodation in the guest rooms provides comfortable and modern sleeping facilities with a well appointed ensuite bathroom. The only seating in the room is on the bed. There are no tables or chairs or self-catering facilities. We were also surprised that the resort is located one kilometer (20 minute brisk walk) from the iconic Cable Beach and restaurants and at least 6 to 7 kilometers from the Broome township. As the resort only provides a continental breakfast and has no other eating or café facilities, transport is essential. The half hourly local bus service ends at 6.45pm so car or scooter hire is necessary.
The gardens, the pool area and the Villa accommodation, which is available at Pearls, and may well warrant four and half stars but the guest rooms are well short of the advertised rating. The response from one of the staff about the remote location of the resort summed up our disappointing experience when she said “you obviously haven’t done your research!”

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner & I stayed in a one bedroom Pearle Pavilion for 7 nights. Due to the nature of my employment, our holidays are always booked at the last-minute. This time, that worked in our favour and we got a fantastic rate for our Pavilion!
Upon arrival, I was immediately struck by the impeccable presentation of the entrance, garden and grounds. The reception area and office were also beautiful, spotlessly clean and easily accessible. As soon as we arrived, without even seeing our Pavillion, we were elated!
Check-in was seamless. We got the The Pearle at approximately 12 noon and understood that check-in is at 3pm. As we had a hire-car we thought we'd go and let The Pearle staff know that we'd arrived and perhaps relax in the lounge and cafe for a while. We were informed that our Pavilion was ready! The lady that greeted us was delightful. Unfortunately I can't remember her name... She gave us our compendium, details of the property, some very helpful maps of Broome, a discount voucher for the Pearle Day Spa and we were on our way. Easy!
The Pavilions are gorgeous. Going through the big, wooden door into your private sanctuary is magical. I just love the 'gecko' privacy-screen to block any views of the resort road and other guests. The outdoor BBQ and dining area is beautiful with frangipani trees and other tropical greenery-galore.
Stepping into the Pavilion, again, was magic! I love the open-plan design of the kitchen, dining and living area. I also loved the sense of privacy despite the fact that you are pretty-much surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows and therefore natural light. Just stunning.
The kitchen has top-of-the-range appliances. A massive fridge, oven and a dishwasher. Standard kitchen items like saucepans, frypans, chopping board, etc. A Nespresso machine and a kettle. The drawers were full of cutlery and kitchen gadgets. Cupboards are stocked with crockery, glassware and plastic tumblers for kids and clumsy adults! There is a generous wine fridge and a cupboard above with an abundance of wine glasses of every size. I honestly can't imagine that you would need for anything that isn't provided.
The living area has three, very big, comfy couches, great for sprawling on! There's a marble chess set that is aesthetically-pleasing even if you're not going to use it!
The bedroom is huge with a king-sized bed which is decked-out in premium linen and incredibly comfortable. I also really liked the artwork in the bedroom.
The bathroom, again, is huge. I became somewhat addicted to the 'Rain' shower-head and didn't use the second shower-head at all. We loved the dual bathroom sinks and all of the toiletries provided. I also liked the abundance of towels as I often find that only two come as standard and I have to request more, even in 5 star hotels/properties.
The private pool is magnificent! I thought the pool-temperature was spot-on for the Broome climate during our time there. The pool-area is completely private with two deck chairs and an outdoor lounging-area with great furniture. We spent so much time in and around the pool during our stay and loved every minute. Languid days and evenings, surrounded by the sounds of frogs and the scent of frangipani. Heaven!
I can't comment on the cafe or the main pool at The Pearle because we simply didn't utilise either. Our Pavilion was opposite the cafe and every morning when we left for the day there were a lot of people sitting on the deck having breakfast and I could 'smell the coffee,' and it smelt great! The infinity pool looked splendid too.
The little contact we had with The Pearle's staff was impressive from start to finish. Everyone we spoke to was professional, lovely and seemed genuinely glad to be there, which is sometimes-lacking in the travel/tourism industry. I mention we had little contact with the staff because we simply didn't need, or want for anything!
Two days before our Broome holiday, I called The Pearle to ask quite a few questions before making the booking on their website. Hayden answered my call but was busy completing check-out for some guests, so he kindly took my mobile number and offered to call me back. Hayden called back within 10 minutes, answered all of my questions and offered to make the booking for me on the phone. I happily accepted and provided my payment details after Hayden advised the terms and conditions of the booking. Hayden was incredibly professional, very friendly, warm and made me even more keen to visit Broome and stay at The Pearle!
By the end of the day, I hadn't received my booking confirmation/tax invoice so I sent a quick email. I received a very prompt response (within minutes), the confirmation, invoice and a lovely message from Anita. Excellent!
I would not hesitate in recommending The Pearle to anyone. Broome is a stunning destination in itself and staying here made it all the more special. I loved the fact that you can do as little or as much as you please and have the most wonderful time.

Room Tip: Go for a Pavilion!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gkets
Oatley NSW
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom unit for one week.
At first we thought we had made a huge mistake as it was a long way from anywhere: The first night we walked about 1 km to the nearest pub.
So the next day we hired a car * and that made all the difference. We could zip around anywhere we liked. We drove into Broome at least once a day, to Gantheaume Point twice and to Cable Beach many times. It was a wonderful holiday.
The room was beautifully cool, the breakfast was continental and okay. Only instant coffee was a bit of a disappointment though. However you are able to purchase real coffee.
The swimming pool was refreshing and SO clean. Plenty of day beds surrounding it.
The low points: The shower recess could have been cleaner and the bathroom mirror should have also been cleaner. We tend to overlook these things, but worth mentioning if you are really fussy. Also there is no restaurant there. The coffee shop which is the breakfast place closes at noon. The coffee is good I must say.
The staff are fantastic. Extremely helpful and friendly and upbeat.
* Car hire: we used Broome Broome. They came to the resort and picked us up, took us into town and did the paperwork. At the end of the stay they took us to the airport. We had a small Barina that cost us around $400. Definitely worth getting a car.
Broome is extremely expensive to eat, drink and everything. This should not stop you going there once in your life. Its absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindaro
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely garden surroundings but our unit was quite tiny. Toilet not attached securely, airconditioner dripped onto bed, no chairs or table in room, sprinklers saturating asphalt outside our unit. No brewed coffee at breakfast, and only room temperature juices. A car was a must as this resort was too far from town to walk. This was not 4 or 5 star accommodation - 3 star probably.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geoff P
Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Pearle resort is a beautiful place. It is not close to everything and if you want to get around you must hire a car, maybe the young can walk everywhere but walking and waiting for buses in the heat is not for me. Our pavilion was beautifully secluded, small but clean and comfortable. We couldn't afford an apartment with own pool but they look amazing. Staff were very obliging and they also gave us late check out which was terrific. The Pearle's pool and café are set out well and a lovely area, but it is a shame that it's not used to its advantage. The café only serves a continental breakfast 8am - 10.30am and a few little pastries until 12 noon, so you must go out to eat. The pool closes at dark, approximately 6pm and that was disappointing to me and my friends as you explore the area most days and nothing better than to come back to have a swim. and a relax before retiring.

Room Tip: All Guest pavilions are very secluded and beautifully maintained but the apartments you can cook som...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends