“Lovely and peaceful”

The Pearle of Cable Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely and peaceful”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for our 30th Wedding anniversary. We had just the basic studio room, which was fine but next time I would upgrade. The rooms are lovely but the the ones with their own private pool are spectacular. Lovely and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and the staff are lovely. They even had a lovely bottle of champagne for our special day! Such a nice touch!

Room Tip: I would splurge and go for the ones with the private pools!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 days at The Pearl and it was awesome. The service was fantastic and everyone was very helpful on tours, car rentals etc. We had a Garden Room, which after 7 days got a little bit small…will try the pavillion next time. 10-15min walk to Cable Beach and the local bus stop just across the road. Breakfast is lovely, not a lot of variety, but plentiful. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If staying longer the approx 4 nights, suggest a pavilion.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay for a few weeks at the Pearle as had 2 small children and needed some peace and quiet to escape living beside a building site for the last few months. Having stayed before I knew this was a wonderful spacious modern layout and super quiet and private. Certainly didn't dissapoint this time round.
I called to see if we could check in early and no problems we could out pavilion (2 bd) was immaculate and the plunge pool heated and huge. All the appliances you need are in the kitchen so perfect to self cater and avoid the huge cost of eating out every meal in Broome.
The washing machine malfunctioned and the safe also but were fixed immediately such a credit to the service so this wasn't a problem.
My one and only negative is as follows. We were in a pavilion right next to the staff service laundry maintenance area and this was fine didn't hear them at all UNTIL the constant banging and smashing for 2 days solid while a new shelving unit was being installed it went on for 2 days and on enquiry was told no spare units to move us to so to get my 2 babies to sleep
Had to resort to driving up and down the roads of Broome in the middle if the day in 30 plus heat. Not ideal at all. The management were apologetic and offered complimentary massage but this wasn't what I was after. I needed peace quiet and basically what you go in holidays for - escape what is bugging you at home. As mentioned staff were apologetic but had I known this was going to go on under no circumstances would I have stayed there. I can't understand why this couldn't be done in the quiet season. Or why they just didn't allow bookings in the unit butting right onto the laundry for the time the work was being done. Hopefully they don't do
This in future.
Luckily it stopped and we continued to have a lovely stay in Broome and at the pearle.
I think I would recommend it to friends and family however just make sure they ask in future of any works plans that may impact their stay.
All in all a lovely resort with an exclusive feeling and very spacious comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed August 2014
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Although located in the suburb of Cable Beach, this property is a long walk from the beach. The property is neat and tidy with a superb pool and nice accom with a terrific shower. Customer service is poor. $17 for a towel change if not included in your deal. Our TV didn't work and my request to fix it was totally ignored. Our request for a later checkout was reluctantly granted after 2 requests. The included Internet was very slow. 3 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GlobetrotterJSH
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in a two bedroom pavilion for four nights. The pavilion was fully self-contained and had everything we needed for the stay. It was spacious and clean, I loved the private pool in the backyard and there is free wi-fi available. Although the rooms aren't serviced it makes it feel like home and is more private.

At 12 o'clock the first night my alarm clock next to my bed went off and woke me up. Then at 5am my TV turned itself on. The next night was fine then at 1:30 the next night my TV turned itself on again. Obviously haunted.

It's a very peaceful and relaxed environment. The staff (everyone from reception to the man who checked the pool) were all very friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay again if I return to Broome. Of course making sure all appliances are unplugged before I go to bed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank katherine07734
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we enjoyed our stay at The Pearle,it was well located at Cable Beach,a New Resort,with beautiful gardens and a lovely pool..The Restaurant is only open for breakfast,but the breakfast is reasonable..I would recommend the Pearle...

Room Tip: All rooms are well located,and private...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at The Pearle on our 2 trips to Broome and would highly recommend this property. The 1 bedroom Pavilion and the Honeymoon Villa are fully self-contained and have all the facilities you could ask for, the property is very serene and peaceful and the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. The true test of any property is how the staff respond to any issues. On our visit last week we identified a few minor maintenance issues and the staff were very apologetic and the issues were resolved immediately. As an ardent AFL fan my only disappointment was that Fox Footy is not included in the cable TV channels on offer.