“Was great but a few things to work on...”

The Pearle of Cable Beach
Perth
“Was great but a few things to work on...”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at the Pearle in a 1 bed pavlilion (21) to celebrate our first year anniversary and the place is just lovely!

Check in was quick and easy and the pavillion was beautiful. The layout is just ideal for the self contained break we were looking for. I loved the lounges and the bathrooms! They had even left a bottle of bubbles in the fridge with a note to wish us a happy anniversary which I thought was nice.

The internet is of concern. If you are looking to do work or use the internet while you are away, beware and it is that slow the page wouldn't even load. I ended up purchasing a Telstra dongle from Dick Smith to be able to use fast internet. With Optus I only got reception in areas of the room too.

The bed was also uncomfortable and hard and the pillows were flat pancakes the minute you put your head on it which made for a bad night sleep.
If you love coffee, they have a Nespresso machine (no milk frother though so you have to microwave it!) but only give you 6 nespresso capsules with 2 of them being decaf. When I questioned if I could have some more as we were there for 4 nights, I was told I could purchase some. Given they cost 60 cents each and the price of the room, I would have expected they allocated at least 2 a day.

We kept to ourselves most of the time and didn't see many of the staff but the room was lovely, just watch those few issues.

1 Thank RandC1841

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

great place to stay just a little walk to Cable Beach and great hotels the Divers tavern. very good value for money as my wife had booked early we stayed Broome cup week and the cost for that week was very cost affected. as we active 65 year olds we walked the beach every day I would advise any body to stay at the Pearle Resort.

Room Tip: the pavilions are great for family's
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for our 30th Wedding anniversary. We had just the basic studio room, which was fine but next time I would upgrade. The rooms are lovely but the the ones with their own private pool are spectacular. Lovely and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and the staff are lovely. They even had a lovely bottle of champagne for our special day! Such a nice touch!

Room Tip: I would splurge and go for the ones with the private pools!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 days at The Pearl and it was awesome. The service was fantastic and everyone was very helpful on tours, car rentals etc. We had a Garden Room, which after 7 days got a little bit small…will try the pavillion next time. 10-15min walk to Cable Beach and the local bus stop just across the road. Breakfast is lovely, not a lot of variety, but plentiful. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If staying longer the approx 4 nights, suggest a pavilion.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay for a few weeks at the Pearle as had 2 small children and needed some peace and quiet to escape living beside a building site for the last few months. Having stayed before I knew this was a wonderful spacious modern layout and super quiet and private. Certainly didn't dissapoint this time round.
I called to see if we could check in early and no problems we could out pavilion (2 bd) was immaculate and the plunge pool heated and huge. All the appliances you need are in the kitchen so perfect to self cater and avoid the huge cost of eating out every meal in Broome.
The washing machine malfunctioned and the safe also but were fixed immediately such a credit to the service so this wasn't a problem.
My one and only negative is as follows. We were in a pavilion right next to the staff service laundry maintenance area and this was fine didn't hear them at all UNTIL the constant banging and smashing for 2 days solid while a new shelving unit was being installed it went on for 2 days and on enquiry was told no spare units to move us to so to get my 2 babies to sleep
Had to resort to driving up and down the roads of Broome in the middle if the day in 30 plus heat. Not ideal at all. The management were apologetic and offered complimentary massage but this wasn't what I was after. I needed peace quiet and basically what you go in holidays for - escape what is bugging you at home. As mentioned staff were apologetic but had I known this was going to go on under no circumstances would I have stayed there. I can't understand why this couldn't be done in the quiet season. Or why they just didn't allow bookings in the unit butting right onto the laundry for the time the work was being done. Hopefully they don't do
This in future.
Luckily it stopped and we continued to have a lovely stay in Broome and at the pearle.
I think I would recommend it to friends and family however just make sure they ask in future of any works plans that may impact their stay.
All in all a lovely resort with an exclusive feeling and very spacious comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed August 2014
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Although located in the suburb of Cable Beach, this property is a long walk from the beach. The property is neat and tidy with a superb pool and nice accom with a terrific shower. Customer service is poor. $17 for a towel change if not included in your deal. Our TV didn't work and my request to fix it was totally ignored. Our request for a later checkout was reluctantly granted after 2 requests. The included Internet was very slow. 3 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GlobetrotterJSH
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in a two bedroom pavilion for four nights. The pavilion was fully self-contained and had everything we needed for the stay. It was spacious and clean, I loved the private pool in the backyard and there is free wi-fi available. Although the rooms aren't serviced it makes it feel like home and is more private.

At 12 o'clock the first night my alarm clock next to my bed went off and woke me up. Then at 5am my TV turned itself on. The next night was fine then at 1:30 the next night my TV turned itself on again. Obviously haunted.

It's a very peaceful and relaxed environment. The staff (everyone from reception to the man who checked the pool) were all very friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay again if I return to Broome. Of course making sure all appliances are unplugged before I go to bed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family