Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
The Pearle of Cable Beach(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$296
US$277
US$242
Cable Beach Backpackers(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$226
Bayside Holiday Apartments(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$153
  • Pool
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$140
Agoda.com
US$210
US$205
Beaches of Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$433
US$396
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
All reviewsdeck restaurantplunge poolmeditation gardencable beachgnocchiluxury escapes packageprivate courtyardone bedroom suitenespresso machineminute walk to the beachtown buscontinental breakfastmain poolnight staylittle thingslarge poolserviced daily
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Pinctada Cable Beach was a well-appointed and extremely comfortable property with all the usual luxuries of a 5 star hotel. Rooms were spacious, cool and serviced to a high standard every day with complimentary beach towels, water, wine glasses and a good-sized fridge for champagne storage!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank 307D
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear 307D,
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

At the prices Pinctada Cable Beach charges, I was expecting accommodation to match. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The grounds were overgrown, the staff were competent but certainly not to the standard of the price paid and the food was reasonable but certainly not great. For the entire 3 night stay, we were given two coffee pods for the machine, ie 2 cups of coffee and were charged $1.50 for each additional pod. The glasses had lipstick stains and the towels were stained. And almost $10 per hour for Internet access! I need to travel to Broome regularly and am very happy at another hotel- clean, very responsive staff, free WiFi, and half the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leony A

Dear Leony A
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you did not entirely enjoy your stay and I apologise for any shortcomings in service that have impacted on your experience. I was surprised to read however of your concerns regarding the internet and free samples of Nespresso coffee pods in the rooms. Given the expense of WIFI to the property, we must mitigate our costs. We don’t charge internet by the hour, but have a sliding scale of MB usage starting from $4 for 250 MB. We also provide 3 free samples of Nespresso coffee pods for every room. This is in addition to sachet coffee and tea that is replenished daily during the room service. Additional coffee pods may be purchased from reception as you have observed. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to discuss your concerns during your recent stay and that I am only able to merely respond rather than resolve your concerns.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed for four nights in October. I would have loved to give the Pinctada 5 stars but unfortunately some small details were overlooked or disorganised/mismanaged and I feel that this takes it down to a 4 star level.

When we arrived we were told our room wasn't ready (which is fine we were early) bu then we were told to wait whilst housekeeping were called, we stood around waiting whilst the man took 2 other phone calls before he even tried to ring housekeeping and then another girl came along as said our room was ready and we could check in. It felt very disorganised and not what I expect when I travel to 5 stars hotels.

Our room was gorgeous with a free standing bath and lovely bathroom area. The toiletires in the bathroom were of a high standard and a hair dryer is provided. 2 pool towles are also in the room.

The bed was comfortable (though is 2 beds joined together) and the air con and fans worked well. Our fan was FILTHY though and I really wouldn't have expected something like that. It made me not want to turn it above one, because dust would fall from it.

The large pool area is a great place to relax but the chairs were constasntly busy so you really had to lay claim to one early if you wanted one.

We enjoyed eating at the pool side bar...especially the selection of desserts. Twice we ate at the bar next to the reception desk and the food was wonderful but the service was incredibly slow.... we waited close to an hour for a burger and chips when there was no one else around. On the 2nd occassion we waited 35 minutes for 2 hot drinks and a pavlova.

The day spa is definitely the highlight of our stay at Pinctada. Rhiannon was absolutely amazing and did everything she could to make my experience fantasic and one to remember. I would highly recomend visiting the day spa.

I did enjoy my stay at Pinctada and would probably return if I was to holiday in Broome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs_Mallie,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I apologise for the confusion during your check in. I appreciate the feedback on timings with food and beverage and I will be discussing them with our team so that we can improve on service. I notice that you also greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts and I will respond to that post separately. I was however delighted to read that you enjoyed your spa treatment so much. I will pass on your thanks to our Spa team. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next have an opportunity to return to Broome.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Well we are home after spending 8 nights at this amazing resort, and we are already planning our next stay. I have never known such a wonderful place. The staff are exceptional they are all so happy and friendly nothing was ever too much trouble. Our room was just perfect with so much space the massive bathrooms are a real treat. We loved the beds and the pillows were awesome ,everything was just devine. The restaurant I thought was amazing too. We had breakfast there, a couple of meals and all was reasonably priced and good quality.

Thanks you to everyone at Pinctada see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear wendy1965,
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendations. I was particularly pleased to read that you had enjoyed your extended stay with us and that you found the room so comfortable. I look forward to seeing you again next year on your return to Broome.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

A great place to lie by the pool & do nothing. Great relaxed atmosphere & nice staff. Would stay again :) a short walk to the beach, short bus ride to the shopping centre....and most things really. Airport pick up and welcome drink is great!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Aussieflyers,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback and kind comments from your recent stay with us. Given your extensive travels I was especially pleased to see that we had provided such a relaxing stay and I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next travel to Broome.