“JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER”

Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This place is a GEM a genuine 5star rustic upto date resort not like the huge high rise or sprawling resorts you would get in the cities it's all about Broome Time laid back and beautiful.We came here last year for two weeks to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary and was so impressed with everything decided to give it a return visit.Well nothing has changed for us at the Pinctada Hotel it's proberbly even better now the new GM who had only been there a couple of months last year has got around to changing a few things not quite upto scratch.Check-in with a nice cold drink then whisked around to our courtyard room.Lovely breakfast with hot and cold relaxing buffet style and fresh cooked omelette to order if the need arose.I see someone's review noted things ran down at the buffet well all you have to do is ask and it would get replenished as we are not talking huge numbers so everything comes out fresh after all people are having breakfast besides you.The evening dinner restaurant Selene Brasserie serves superb food and service to match waiters there if needed but not over the top.Great swimming pool and our courtyard had its own little pool to sit around if and when you wanted to with a nice cold drink.The rooms are kept nice and clean by housekeeping and if you wanted anything for either room or service just ring Wizard and things get done.The Wifi is not free but is very reasonable considering where you are with great packaging MB or GB being as I have to use mine everyday the costs weren't that our of the way.A noticed change from last year was the 2 bottles of water each day and more assortments and flavours of tea and coffee.Its no use whinging about things after your stay just see any of the duty managers on duty who are so approachable and they and they would sort it out while your there i can assure you of that as we did have a slight transportation problem last year from the airport.My wife really enjoyed her spas and came back every time so relaxed and lovely.We have been lucky enough to travel all around the world stayed in all types of glitzy hotels and the biggest and best cruise ships in the Royal Suites but the Pinctada is certainly different with its relaxed open style and amazing location not to far from Cable Beach but far enough from the Maddening Crowd is just about as good as it can be.So don't want to recommend it to much otherwise they might not be able to fit us in next year or the year after that.Sohere goes Beautiful,Tranquil,Excellent,Amazing,Idyllic,Laid Back,Relaxing you name it,it's one of those and more.Have I got a negative not really just a good idea would be to have a table in the laundry room to fold your clothes up after washing and drying according to the wife,and there needs to be a proper area just for scooters to park not one scooter in a whole carpark space when it gets busy.So that said thanks everyone for another great stay Pinctada the number one hotel in Broome.

• Stayed: September 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear KANCHOLAN,
It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back this year. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy all of the facets of the resort from the room, pools, spa and dining and this has combined in providing a truly relaxing holiday. I was particularly pleased to read of your interaction with the staff and how they were able to assist with any request. Thank you for your recommendation on the laundry and car park. I look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future and we will always make sure we can fit you in.

There are newer reviews for Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I wrote a review that was probably unfair as I realise when I stayed ,there were gremlins in the system which were unavoidable. I am writing to encourage travellers to give the resort a go. Try a suite away from the pool area and I am sure any traveller to Broome and the resort will be very happy. My issues can be easily fixed such as makeup mirrors or long mirrors in the room. As I said in my earlier review, the staff were lovely and very helpful. The weather was against us for most of the stay and that could not have been helped.

Anyway, it is a lovely resort with lots to tempt the traveller to Broome. The beach is a short walk around the corner and the town is a short car ride.

Give it a go please.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear liberty037,
Thank you for your recent re post and kind recommendations. I hope we do have an opportunity to welcome you back again at a time when we the weather is favourable and we have plenty of Broome sunshine.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Pinctada Cable Beach was a well-appointed and extremely comfortable property with all the usual luxuries of a 5 star hotel. Rooms were spacious, cool and serviced to a high standard every day with complimentary beach towels, water, wine glasses and a good-sized fridge for champagne storage!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank 307D
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear 307D,
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

At the prices Pinctada Cable Beach charges, I was expecting accommodation to match. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The grounds were overgrown, the staff were competent but certainly not to the standard of the price paid and the food was reasonable but certainly not great. For the entire 3 night stay, we were given two coffee pods for the machine, ie 2 cups of coffee and were charged $1.50 for each additional pod. The glasses had lipstick stains and the towels were stained. And almost $10 per hour for Internet access! I need to travel to Broome regularly and am very happy at another hotel- clean, very responsive staff, free WiFi, and half the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leony A

Dear Leony A
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you did not entirely enjoy your stay and I apologise for any shortcomings in service that have impacted on your experience. I was surprised to read however of your concerns regarding the internet and free samples of Nespresso coffee pods in the rooms. Given the expense of WIFI to the property, we must mitigate our costs. We don’t charge internet by the hour, but have a sliding scale of MB usage starting from $4 for 250 MB. We also provide 3 free samples of Nespresso coffee pods for every room. This is in addition to sachet coffee and tea that is replenished daily during the room service. Additional coffee pods may be purchased from reception as you have observed. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to discuss your concerns during your recent stay and that I am only able to merely respond rather than resolve your concerns.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed for four nights in October. I would have loved to give the Pinctada 5 stars but unfortunately some small details were overlooked or disorganised/mismanaged and I feel that this takes it down to a 4 star level.

When we arrived we were told our room wasn't ready (which is fine we were early) bu then we were told to wait whilst housekeeping were called, we stood around waiting whilst the man took 2 other phone calls before he even tried to ring housekeeping and then another girl came along as said our room was ready and we could check in. It felt very disorganised and not what I expect when I travel to 5 stars hotels.

Our room was gorgeous with a free standing bath and lovely bathroom area. The toiletires in the bathroom were of a high standard and a hair dryer is provided. 2 pool towles are also in the room.

The bed was comfortable (though is 2 beds joined together) and the air con and fans worked well. Our fan was FILTHY though and I really wouldn't have expected something like that. It made me not want to turn it above one, because dust would fall from it.

The large pool area is a great place to relax but the chairs were constasntly busy so you really had to lay claim to one early if you wanted one.

We enjoyed eating at the pool side bar...especially the selection of desserts. Twice we ate at the bar next to the reception desk and the food was wonderful but the service was incredibly slow.... we waited close to an hour for a burger and chips when there was no one else around. On the 2nd occassion we waited 35 minutes for 2 hot drinks and a pavlova.

The day spa is definitely the highlight of our stay at Pinctada. Rhiannon was absolutely amazing and did everything she could to make my experience fantasic and one to remember. I would highly recomend visiting the day spa.

I did enjoy my stay at Pinctada and would probably return if I was to holiday in Broome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs_Mallie,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I apologise for the confusion during your check in. I appreciate the feedback on timings with food and beverage and I will be discussing them with our team so that we can improve on service. I notice that you also greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts and I will respond to that post separately. I was however delighted to read that you enjoyed your spa treatment so much. I will pass on your thanks to our Spa team. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next have an opportunity to return to Broome.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Well we are home after spending 8 nights at this amazing resort, and we are already planning our next stay. I have never known such a wonderful place. The staff are exceptional they are all so happy and friendly nothing was ever too much trouble. Our room was just perfect with so much space the massive bathrooms are a real treat. We loved the beds and the pillows were awesome ,everything was just devine. The restaurant I thought was amazing too. We had breakfast there, a couple of meals and all was reasonably priced and good quality.

Thanks you to everyone at Pinctada see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear wendy1965,
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendations. I was particularly pleased to read that you had enjoyed your extended stay with us and that you found the room so comfortable. I look forward to seeing you again next year on your return to Broome.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

A great place to lie by the pool & do nothing. Great relaxed atmosphere & nice staff. Would stay again :) a short walk to the beach, short bus ride to the shopping centre....and most things really. Airport pick up and welcome drink is great!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Aussieflyers,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback and kind comments from your recent stay with us. Given your extensive travels I was especially pleased to see that we had provided such a relaxing stay and I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next travel to Broome.