We often visit Broome as we have family inland in the Kimberley - usually 2 or 3 times a year. For this reason we have stayed at a number of Broom'e resorts/hotels - usually for just one or two nights before we travel out. This was the first time we had stayed at the Pinctada. As it was out of season we gained a very good rate for two nights. If we were in the cheapest rooms (Shinju Studio overlooking the pool), then the standard must be extremely high - our room was large, luxurious, with a very comfortable king sized bed. Personal coffee maker was a nice touch. We had a lovely view over the pool from the second floor. We had dinner in the Selene brasserie - very pleasantly surprised by the lovely food. I'd highly recommend the Lobster Tail Gnocci - to die for!!
We had such a great time that we booked another night on our return back into Broome before flying out. Again very enjoyable!
There is a very large resort right on cable beach (Cable Beach Resort) that places you closer to the beach and the magnificent sunsets. It might have more options for families with young children, but I preferred the more intimate feel of a resort that has all the luxurious facilities, but is more scaleable. You don't feel you need a golf buggy to reach your suite! A little further from the beach yes, but still very well placed at Cable Beach. There is a bus stop just outside the resort so easy to get into town.
Professionally trained hospitality people know how to project a positive image, however we were impressed with the obvious friendliness and interest staff showed in us - nothing fake about it.
We will definitely be staying at the Pinctada again when we travel up to Broome. Thanks again to matthew the GM and his staff who made our stay so enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa is Broome's newest full service spa resort located close to Cable Beach. Located in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, our Award winning intimate 72 room & suite resort is created to nurture you. Here you'll find understated elegance and around the clock attention. Original art to the hand selected furnishings and decor, every detail reflects the Kimberley. Features include the 25m Maxima pool, guest gym, meditative gardens and day spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinctada Cable Beach Hotel Broome
- Pinctada Cable Beach Broome