“Pearl in Broome's crown”

Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
“Pearl in Broome's crown”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was a lovely place to stay. It had everything you would want. The restaurant was excellent and the tour manager was very helpful. A short walk to Cable Beach which is an easy walk. There's a free shuttle to the airport but I only found out when I was leaving...I didn't read that bit!!! There's lots of hotels, but I can recommend this one. The room was very spacious with a huge bathroom. The room opened onto a small patio and there was good airflow.
I found the hotel staff to be very helpful. There's a lovely pool area. It's a very relaxing resort.

Room Tip: I would think higher rooms in the hotter weather would get more breeze, but most people would just c...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Ann H,
Thank you for your kind recommendations and posting feedback from your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for the separate posting for Selene’s Brasserie. I am particularly pleased to read that you found the stay so relaxing and I will gratefully accept the title you have bestowed on us. I hope we can welcome you back again when you next travel to Broome.

Matthew Clowes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

On the plus it has an excellent restaurant, great pool and although it was full it felt empty due to good design. Mark who does the tour desk was great. The rest of staff very hit and miss. Clearly use a lot of traveling people and their service needs improving.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KiwiArrin
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear KiwiArrin,
Thank you for posting feedback from your recent stay and your kind recommendations on the restaurant and pool and particularly the design of the resort. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your comments regarding staff training. I am glad however that Mark from the Tour Desk was able to offer great service. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back when you next return to Broome.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Pinctada Cable Beach for 3 nights in August 2014. We were hugely impressed with all aspects of the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Some highlights:
- Airport transfers - although we were arriving early, it was no trouble for Tom to pick us up and provide an impromptu tour to Broome and Cable Beach. A call from Reception the day before we left to confirm transfer times for our departure was also very welcome.
- Staff - an absolute pleasure to deal with, nothing was too much trouble and they all had smiles on their faces!
- Food - we ate at Selene Brasseries and at Nyx bar. Both were outstanding and for a restaurant of this calibre, we were pleasantly surprised by the prices.
- Room - we were in a Shinju studio which, although was the most basic of rooms available, was well equipped and beautifully finished.

We really enjoyed our trip and our stay at the Pinctada played a big part in this.

Looking forward to a return trip!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 123murray
Dear 123murray,
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that both the staff and the dinning in Selene’s and Nyx have stood out during your stay. I am particularly pleased to see that you also enjoyed your room. The Shinju Studios are a beautiful room. I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Broome, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Wow... This was a great experience. Awesome menu, very difficult to choose. The meals and drinks where delivered quickly from the friendly wait staff. Food and drinks priced well. Awesome food.... well done

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rathunters,
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent dining experience in Selene’s Brasserie. I look forward to being able to welcome you back again for another serving of awesome food!

Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at Pinctada Cable Beach for 7 nights in July. I was one of 20 women on a Food Safari Gorgeous Girls holiday. The hotel was clean and well appointed. My room overlooked the pool and was more like a 'parents retreat' with plenty of wardrobe space and a large spacious bathroom. It was a lovely place to return to after a long day.

I found all the staff (from Tom who took me to and from the airport, to Matthew the GM) very friendly and welcoming. The Spa treatment area is private and tranquil, staff here are professional, accommodating and friendly. Mark on the tour desk went out of his way to get us on tours.

The food supplied to my group was of a very high standard, the portions generous. Snacks/light meals by the pool likewise. The Breakfast buffet has a good variety with bread made in-house - delicious!

The walk to Cable Beach is an easy (flat) 15min. (You pass a general store and pub on the way). The government bus to Town (or the beach) is about 20m from the front of the Hotel.

I loved staying at this hotel with my 20 'new' girlfriends and would love to back with some of my 'old' ones. In the meantime I am planning a trip back to Pinctada with my family of 4.

Room Tip: Ground room floors have a private enclosed garden area, upper floors have balcony. My room faced we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear SydneyFamily4,
I was an absolute delight to have you and all of the ladies on the Girls & Pearls, Gorgeous Girls tour stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations and I look forward to being able to welcome you and your family back soon for some more Broome hospitality.

Matthew
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Pinctada Cable Beach is lovely, not too big but with everything you could ask for. The staff were friendly, the rooms immaculate and its an easy 10 minute walk to the beach and a five minute walk to the pub. A couple of minor criticisms: the lighting is inadequate for reading and the very pleasant room service came a knocking a little too early (8.40 am) on a number of occasions. But overall, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing in towards the pool would be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear David S,
Thank you for kind feedback and recommendations from your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback on the lighting and housekeeping. We will endeavour to start the teams a little later in the morning. I hope we can welcome you back when you next have an opportunity to return to Broome.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at this resort for 7 nights after 2 weeks in Thailand. The rooms were spacious (bathroom was massive) and the facilities were great. The restaurant you must definitely check out, food was awesome. The staff were helpful and the cleaners went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. Only thing that I can whinge about is the fact that there was no free WIFI. Thoroughly recommend staying here with the family!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear georgepiliouras,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent stay with us and your kind recommendations. I am particularly pleased that we impressed on you as a destination after your previous travels. I hope we can welcome you and your family back again soon for another relaxing getaway.