“Better resorts”

Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at the resort with a friend for 6 days. First off they couldn't find our booking even though had acknowledgment of payment. Staff appear to be foreign backpackers and hospitality did not seem to be their chosen employment. stayed in a poolside room. Room very run down, pool in need of repair and outdoor furniture in room courtyard leading to pool in disrepair. The furniture in the poolside restaurant dirty and tables not cleaned on a regular basis. Half the time you were waiting to find a staff member to serve you at the bar. The resort is overpriced and overrated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Debbie R
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Debbie R,
I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay last November but surprised by some of your comments. As the resort is only 5 years old I would not consider our rooms to be run down? Also adding some confusion, our front office staff last November were all Australian staff from Broome. I apologise that there was some confusion over your reservation but it is difficult to comment after so much time. I do hope that you enjoyed Broome and will be returning.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed in a Shinju Studio (2nd time) loved it both times....big room, serviced daily....staff very resourceful and eager to assist with everything!!! Pool great with no sun deck wars.....not over crowded!! Easy walk to cable beach!! Good value compared to similar rated properties in area!!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Grovemum

Dear Grovemum,
I am glad that you have enjoyed your return visit to Pinctada and I would like to thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the resort again on your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed in a Shinju Studio apartment which was clean, very comfortable, and had all the amenities required, plus more! towels (both bath and swimming), bottled water and milk replaced every day. The room was serviced every day, and clean sheets on day three. The bars and restaurant were great, and the staff were extremely friendly (Thanks Tony and Max for your poolside service, and Eugenie in the Restaurant). The resort is a comfortable 20 minutes walk to Cable Beach, and the town bus to town stops 20 metres from the resort entrance every 30 minutes. All tours and trips can be booked at the desk. We were picked up at the airport on arrival, and dropped back on our departure. Our driver Tom even gave us a running commentary on the sights of Broome when we told him that this was our first trip to the town. Thank you Pinctada for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: A Tip - A 'NESPRESSO' coffee maker is in the room, so bring extra pods with you, as the reso...
2  Thank DavidandSandra5097
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear DavisandSandra5…,
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. It was a delight to look after you during your recent holiday and I am particularly pleased to read how engaging the Pinctada team were. I hope that we can welcome you back when you next return to Broome.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed in one of the Shinju (?) studio rooms which was well equipped, well presented and well maintained. The hotel is not located opposite the beach unlike other places but it is a very short walk to the beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall our experience at this hotel was a very pleasant and memorable one.

Dear gdesilva,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review and I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back the next time you travel to Broome.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was just as enjoyable as the first. Spent the first 2 nights in a Shinju room but was moved to a Honjin courtyard studio when the air con broke in the first room for my last night. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Even though I had to move rooms, they assisted me and provided a complimentary bottle of wine, nuts and wifi for the inconvenience. No complaints.
The property has a lovely, peaceful feel about it. I have never seen any children around, so feel it is perfect for an adults 'retreat'. The day spa is gorgeous.
There was a good choice at the buffet for breakfast and other meals/snacks during my stay were of an excellent standard.
Service was good without being too obtrusive. GM of the property was always on hand assisting guests and accessible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SeashellsSL

Dear SeashellsSL,
I was delighted to be able to welcome you back to Pinctada Cable Beach. Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay with us. I am particularly pleased to see that we overcame an issue with your room and I hope we can welcome you back again on your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really enjoyed the casual feel of this stay. Not often do i get to a hotel and just want to sit but the Pinctada did this for me. The room was surprisingly good considering the donga style structure of the building. There was certainly lots of different places to hang out to relax here. The staff were great and very friendly and helpful, service was great, considering it was Broome. The only thing i could really fault was an air conditioning unit sounded like it was about to lose a bearing and i could hear it clearly from my room (308), but other than that really enjoyed my syat.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor or lower floor unit, i sort of felt a long way from where i needed to be on t...

Dear Mick H,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some Broome Time at Pinctada, particularly that it was such a busy time of year during the Broome race round. I appreciate the feedback regarding the bedding and I have already discussed with our housekeeping team. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our second stay at Pinctada, with our main purpose being to attend the Broome races. Our room was in the Honjin Court and very convenient and had plenty of inclusions and most comfortable with just one negative - bed could have been better (a mattress topper perhaps to soften). The main restaurant was excellent along with the main bar and poolside bar. Excellent breakfast, but apart from the first day, we couldn't seem to find someone to make a first class proper coffee. Broome is a wonderful part of the world, especially in August.

• Stayed: August 2014
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Roger S,
Thank you for your kind comments and It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back again for the Broome Cup week. Broome has certainly been shining this past month and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again next year.