“A lucky find”

Ramada Eco Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Broome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I made the mistake of thinking this hotel was actually only a little distance outside Broome; 10k rather than 130k but with a last minute adjustment to our itinerary made use if this in our journey from Port Hedland to Broome. I took advice from previous reviewers and booked the Ocean FRONT villa. This was gorgeous, beautifully fitted with great views across the bay in both directions.
We did their self guided walk through the bush and beach and had the most gorgeous beach to ourselves on the second day.
The restaurant was fun and atmospheric at night overlooking a camp fire and the bay.
It was a true highlight of our trip.
The only slightly odd thing was it was the only place we stayed where everyone kept themselves to themselves and was not particularly friendly from the guest point of view!

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

If escaping from the world is what you are after, look no further.

Eco Beach is set in the sand dunes overlooking the most spectacular strip of beach I have even seen.

Jacks's bar and restaurant serve the most wonderful array of meals and drinks.

The staff are all lovely and helpful, ready to make your stay perfect. Special mention to those in the kitchen!

The tents are incredibly private, sturdy and have magnificent views - even from the shower!

Couldn't recommend this more highly. And with the strange exception of coffee, all prices are very reasonable.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! I Failed to realise when I was booking eco beach resort that 2 nights is definitely not enough time. Eco beach resort was the most relaxing place I have been to in a long time. I can say the serenity and feel is sooo nice!!! The guest keep themselves and it just flows. There's no fight for a bed around the pool, either. The down side is the continental breakfast buffet, I have never seen mixed olive mix in olive oil on a breakfast buffet before anywhere in the world. The cooked breakfasts looked very nice though. Lunches are a standout especially the burger and fat chips. But dinners are very over priced and try hard, disappointing in fact. When you have been walking, swimming, and sunning it up, all you look forward to is great big chargrilled steak, burger or a well put together pasta that's not over cooked and cold. We had 3 different explanation on what the pasta with chicken was on the specials menu and it was none of them really, when we received it. The selection is minimal and and the small serves constitute a wrong menu in the wrong place. The resort is on the sea and on a cattle station and on traditional land so let's have a menu that's reflective of that. Overall, I would love to go back for a much longer stay next time. I would take some microwave dinners though and have a BBQ instead of the restaurant dinners. The staff were helpful but greeting guest more often especially in the morning when they come into the breakfast area. No tongs at the toaster and no knife to cut the fresh bread was unfortunate.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just returned from another wonderful stay at Eco Beach resort, this time with our two daughters aged 4 and 7 years. We decided to stay in the garden villa rather than ocean view and were not disappointed at all, they are just as lovey inside and so private. The villas are very clean, modern and spacious taking in the beautiful surroundings without compromising on privacy. We couldn't resist going on another fishing trip with Kurt from Barradict, it always proves to be a fantastic day, this time our girls enjoying the trip immensely thanks to Kurt. Our 7 year old daughter even pulling up a 10kg Golden trevally on her own, was a great day.
The staff at Eco are absolutely fantastic, always happy to help and nothing is ever too much trouble, they really help make our stay even better.
The only small negative would be our dinner at the restaurant, the meals are very small and what I would consider fine dining however unfortunately the taste just didn't match the lovely presentation of the meals, which is a shame.The prices are fair however would have loved larger meal portions and a bit more variety. In saying that the staff are still amazing and breakfasts are beautiful so we may have had an off night. It s a great idea offering free kids meals over school holidays, and my kids loved the new playground.
All in all it is a fantastic getaway and every time we stay we seem to find ourselves planning our next stay, its just a magic part of Broome!

Room Tip: Garden villas are still lovely, great for families.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just had a wonderful few days at Eco Beach. Beautiful beach and sunsets! The restaurant food was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. The fishing was spectacular. We have been to Broome many times before but this was our first visit to Eco Beach. It won't be our last! We all agree from now on a trip to Broome will include a few days at Eco Beach. The wonderfully comfortable 'Beach House' accomodation is well worth the extra money. This was an absolute highlight of our Broome holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed Four nights as a Family of Four in the Beach House in early July and found more than we expected. The days were beautiful and balmy and the breeze died down so that by lunch time and throughout the afternoon the beach was perfect for, well doing beachy things.
The facilities in the raised outdoor Reception, Lounge , Bar and Pool area was great. Nice and clean and plenty of room for everyone to relax in
The staff were fantastic! I loved the fact that there were plenty of staff on hand and everyone of them was genuinely happy to be at work! Nothing was too much trouble and they were never far away.
The food was awesome!
The menu was fantastic and we sampled every dish on the menu and were never disappointed. I had the best steak ever on day 1 and tried again on Day 3 and it was just as good, the Lamb, Fish, Duck and Kangaroo was simply delicious. The wine list was spot on for the location menu and ambient temperature. beers on Tap were Little Creatures Pale Ale and Bright Ale, Heineken and Mid strength, excellent to drink a cold beer siting on the deck overlooking the infinity pool and the bay.
The view was sensational
We went on the Jacks Creek fishing tour, 4 hours of fun with Kurt and Dom who were full of good humour and fishing tips. We caught too many Queen fish to count , Cod and Blue Nose salmon. Great fun tripping out in the 4 x 4 Wheel drive Jeeps for 20 minutes along the beach to get there
My wife took Yoga every morning and sampled the Spa everyday and thoroughly relaxed.
The resort was quite full as it was school holidays however there was no evidence of pressure on the facilities or the staff, everything was efficient, happy and relaxed. the staff worked very hard and I believe this is because they really enjoy working there, this shows and makes for a great stay
We took a whale watching tout on the Karma IV and encountered a very curious juvenile Humpback who circled us for 20 minutes. The Karma IV is a huge catamaran which was very stable and a great viewing platform. The calm sunny day was a perfect setting for a cruise and the spectacular backdrop of the coast line made it even more enjoyable.
The accommodation at EcoBeach ranges from Tents, to Villas to the Beach house. Every one we encountered was literally a happy camper, The first couple of nights were cold and we needed an extra blanket but apart from that we had excellent conditions.
The meals may be a little expensive but you may bring your own food and there are BBQs available for self catering in the tents. I found the standard of food to be excellent and quite a welcome surprise for a resort operating in a remote location. The kitchen grows its own herbs and uses local edible flora in the meals making it even more unique to eat here.
The lack of TV was noted by my teenagers but after the first 10 minutes this was not mentioned again. Fishing, swimming, kayaking, beach walking and board games kept them entertained that they did not miss the digital world at all.
We had an excellent stay found the relaxation factor very high!

Room Tip: Ocean Villas with sea views are great value
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tillo_13
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in need of a warm, peaceful, restful, nurturing environment and received all of that and more. I was there alone and felt quite comfortable at all times. The meals were world class and catered for a variety of palates and purses. Staff were outstanding - thoughtful, respectful and approachable. My accommodation, a tucked away, safari tent with ensuite gave me as much of the magnificent natural views as I chose, I could lower or raise any of the tent flaps at any time. I chose to see the stars at night as I lay in bed. The infinity pool is gorgeous and the walks along the beach and in the bush were a delight. I enjoyed the free daily Yoga class and was treated to an excellent and reasonably charged 1.5 hr massage. I loved my stay at Eco Beach as I felt I was in an environment where friendly people really cared about each other as well as the pristine and evocatively beautiful environment.

Room Tip: I'm sorry I didn't go in July to do some whale watching. If it's really windy, move the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo