“Rooms good...”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Melbourne, Australia
“Rooms good...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Quite new, our room was very good, no complaints at all. Househeeping was very good. Stayed 4 nights. Quite handy to everything. If you like walking, not far from town centre or other attractions. Good local bus service just outside the door. Reception staff were a mixed bunch, some more than helpful, others........ Stacey was most helpful. Security were thought was an issue. We stayed in a room that had a door between balconies. We asked three times for it to be locked, we came back from a tour to find the people in the room next to us and come through and taken our chairs and table. They were most apologetic, they thought the room was empty. Restaurant could do with some plants or ????, food was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your 4 night stay at our property. It’s good to see that you were pleased with the room and housekeeping services during your stay. Stacey will be delighted when she sees your lovely comments!

I am however, more than disappointed to learn that you felt the reception staff were not consistent. I shall feed this back to the team for immediate improvement as all staff members should provide 5 star service at all times! Substandard service is not acceptable. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am also concerned to learn of the incident with the balcony door. I am very sorry that this door was not locked and the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that this is being investigated to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

I will also pass your restaurant comments onto our Executive Food & Beverage Manager for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Broome.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
sydney
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have unfortunately had our flight cancelled and Qantas put us up here this evening. We had looked at this hotel for our weeks holiday but mixed reviews put us off.

The rooms are really nice and we were pretty relaxed about the delay.

However, I just had to write a review as the restaurant was shocking. Told a 45min delay on food but it was an hour and a half. It wasn't the wait that was terrible but the rudeness of the staff when we asked how it was going. We weren't complaining a this stage just asking and they were just so incredibly rude about it. I'm quite taken aback as I'm really not used to be spoken to in that way as we are really polite when we speak to people.

The restaurant is more like a sports bar with food.

We took it up with the hotel General Manager but were told it is not there restaurant so they could not do anything.

If you stay here its probably best to eat out or be self sufficient with your catering.

It strikes me overall that the service in the hotel is not up to much. We stayed at a small apartment block at cable beach that wasn't as modern but much better service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank denise c
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled, it is very unfortunate when these things happen.

I am glad you thought our rooms were nice, however I am shocked to see your comments regarding the restaurant and service you received whilst dining. With the added rush of the unexpected flight cancellation, the restaurant did have a longer than usual wait on food orders. However there is no excuse for rudeness from staff, and I will personally investigate this matter with the Food & Beverage manager.

In relation to the sports bar comment, there was an International Rugby game on that evening and this was displayed on the request of our in house guests. We do pride ourselves in having a high class restaurant with great customer service, and we have recently introduced a new ‘a la carte’ menu which is a much higher standard than the previous food menu.

I do believe there may have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication as I was on the front desk for the departure of the group, and I was not approached or informed of this incident. However I am surprised as through conversing with the other guests on departure, I did personally receive very positive feed back from multiple guests on the conduct of both the restaurant and front office staff, even with the unexpected group arrival from the cancelled flight.

I apologise that the service provided to you was not up to our usual standard. As we did not get a chance to discuss these issues direct, please feel free to contact me on 08 9192 9500.

Ben
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the Oaks for a couple of nights while working in Broome. It is a great location but at $260 a night am pleased this is on expenses as not sure it is worth that much of my own money. The reception staff are mixed, some are very helpful and friendly others are outright rude.
The room is very pleasant with a balcony over looking a very nice pool area, an enormous spa bath in the room gives it a feel of luxury although neither me nor my colleague had hot water in the room. Shaving in cold water is not great when paying $260 a night. No wifi in the room also is disappointing.
That said these are quite minor issues really. The rooms are clean, modern and large and the beautiful weather made this a nice stay.
It would be a perfect location for a romantic getaway, and only about 10 mins drive to capture a stunning sunset at Cable beach.
Other than the price, this would make a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over looking the pool as there is very little of interest to look at otherwise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased to see that you felt our property was in a “Wonderful Location” and that you found the room to be clean, modern, large and very pleasant for your stay.

I am however extremely disappointed to learn of your inconsistent experience with our Front Office staff. I can confirm that this is currently being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. It is completely unacceptable in any situation for our staff to provide any less than 5 star service at all times. I am truly sorry for the drop in standard which you experienced during you stay. I can assure you that you will not be repeated.

I am appalled to read that neither you nor your colleague had any hot water in your room during your stay. I trust that you brought this immediately to our attention? On the rare occasion of a malfunction our Maintenance Manager resolves to immediately repair or replace parts as needed or call in a contractor if required. We are usually able to rectify such issues very quickly and would quickly arrange a move to an alternative room for your comfort if for any reason an issue was left unresolved. I am highly concerned that the comments above give the impression that this did not happen during your stay.

It is noted that you consider these issues to be minor; however I would like to reassure you that we do not take these instances lightly. We pride ourselves on the quality of our accommodation and the high level of customer service we deliver. Both issues that you have highlighted are being investigated to ensure that your experiences are not repeated. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

On a more positive note I am pleased that you enjoyed the beautiful weather and sunsets that make Broome such a special place to visit. I am pleased to advise that we are currently looking at improving the availability of Wi-Fi within our resort, in the meantime it is available in the restaurant and reception foyer and Ethernet cables are supplied in every room. All of our hotel guests are entitled to 30 mins of complimentary internet use per day.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to let you know that we also offer very competitive rates online. Check out our website for the latest deals, discounts and promotions.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Broome.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with work. Got a room upgrade to an apartment.

Clean and tidy appartment as well as the resort.

Buffet breakfast small with not alot of selection.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Food was great and fast service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Oaks Broome. We appreciate your feed back.

I am very happy to read that we were able to give you an upgrade for your stay, and that you found the apartment and resort grounds clean and tidy. I hope you made use of the extra facilities in the apartment.

Thank you for your comments regarding the restaurant breakfast and dinner, I will ensure to pass this onto our Food & Beverage Manager.

We hope you will return and stay with us again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We spent four nights here in a serviced one bedroom apartment and couldn't fault one thing.
The bedroom was lovely ...king size bed and very comfortable. Bathroom was massive...had a large spa, also in the bathroom was a washing machine and clothes dryer. Housekeeping just happened and they were great.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

Swimming pool was wonderful. We used it every day as the weather was very warm.

Would definitely come back here!

Room Tip: Book through Wotif and compare rates...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am really pleased to see that you found us a ‘Fantastic Place to Stay in Broome’. I’m delighted to see that you were very happy with your room and amenities.

Your kind comments shall be passed onto the reception and housekeeping staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Broome.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The 1 bedroom apartment we stayed in for 3 days was spacious and comfortable. The area was quiet and we slept well. Well positioned away from airport and noise. The food in resteraunt was not so good. The staff, Ben and Jessica were very efficient and friendly.
Broome could do more to service the tourists especially sign posting attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I’m delighted to see you describe our 1 Bedroom Apartment as fantastic! It’s great to learn that you found it spacious and comfortable and that you and your partner slept well throughout your stay.

I am very sorry to learn that your experience in the restaurant was not up to standard. Please accept my sincere apologies for this; I shall pass your comments on to our Executive Food & Beverage Manager for his review.

I am however pleased to see that you found the staff efficiently and friendly. Your kind comments shall be passed on to Ben and Jessica.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Broome.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This property is really great. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment and couldnt fault it. Got a really good price also, staff matched booking.com special. The staff were friendly and efficient and always helpful. Only had one breakfast there and the selection was good. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brook12
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with Oaks Broome.

I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed a lovely weekend with us over the Easter break. It’s great to learn that you couldn’t fault the 2 Bedroom Apartment you stayed in or the rate great rate you found. Our website rates often have fantastic deals and are well worth a look!

I am happy that you felt our staff were friendly and efficient and always helpful. I shall be sure to share your kind words with the team.

We do hope you will be able to stay with us again soon and look forward to welcoming you all back on your next visit to Broome.