“Oaks Broome wonderful Holiday”
Review of Oaks Broome

Oaks Broome
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Springvale, Australia
“Oaks Broome wonderful Holiday”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Oaks Broome for three days 5th 6th 7th (up from Melbourne) in this month of June 2014 it was sure a great hotel , nice and relaxing time i spent there and i can thoroughly recommend this Magnificent holiday Hotel regards Barry Howard

Room Tip: i was upstairs nice views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Barry

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

It is lovely to read your positive comments, and I am very glad you enjoyed a nice and relaxing time whilst at the hotel.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Broome.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel couple of times in the last few months. Initially came in a business trip and now, when ever we are in Broome on holiday, we stay here. Spacious rooms with all the facilities you would need. The only thing I would like to see added is a jug of water in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for posting your review.

We do appreciate very much that you are a return guest, and that you have enjoyed Oaks Broome whilst on both business and leisure. I am glad to read that you found our rooms spacious with all the facilities you needed. Thank you for your feed back on the water jug, this isn’t usually apart of the inventory however this is something we can definitely look into.

We hope to see you again very soon.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms here are large and adequate. Grab one over the pool if you can. Housekeeping did a reasonable job also (forgot to check the balcony most days)

We had one evening meal in the restaurant. The service was terrible and the meal was not of a quality reflecting the price

Breakfast was a battle zone most mornings. The staff worked hard, my feeling was they did not have enough to support the patrons

Front desk staff were all fantastic and very helpful

I probably would investigate my options if I came to Broome again

My advice would be to hire more staff based in the bookings at hand

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SthOz
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you very much for the review on your stay at Oaks Broome.

I am shocked to read your comments on our restaurant, I apologise that this had a negative effect on your stay with us. I will most definitely pass on this feed back to our Food & Beverage manager and work on rectifying the concerns raised.

I am very delighted to read that you found our front desk staff fantastic and very helpful. I will inform the team of their great work.

It worries me to read that you would investigate other options on your next visit to Broome, as we certainly appreciate our repeat clients and I do hope you would choose Oaks Broome and stay with us again.
Uranus
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My recent stay here in a one bedroom apartment over looking the pool was relaxing. The pool was clean and enjoyable to have a swim. The food was quite good, and they provide a pick up service instead of room service. The location is about a 15min walk from Broome (20 min walk from the airport) and there is a friendly local bus service nearby that can take you through Broome and as far as Cable Beach. Those of you not from Australia or otherwise don’t appreciate that you are staying virtually on the edge of Australia’s outback, may not take too kindly to the red dust and ants that are resident. The resort do their best to keep both under good control, but like anywhere arid, these kind of things are apart of the outback beauty. Two small points I would like to suggest to the resort. 1. The housemaid serviced everything she/he said on their calling card which is good, though I anticipated the spa bath tub would have been given a clean. 2. Its possibly the first hotel of this standard that I’ve stayed at where I couldn’t find any pen or note paper to write with/on – just when I needed to use some. I’ve stayed at Oaks resorts in the past and don’t recall the lack of pen and paper in rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank reportingtravel
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for providing a review on your stay at Oaks Broome.

I am happy to read you were able to relax in a one bedroom apartment over looking the pool, which is one of the main features of the property. We do also have a smaller pool with rooms surrounding. I am glad you enjoyed the food from our restaurant, and would like to take this opportunity to mention that we have since introduced a new and improved menu.

The red dirt and ants can become a nuisance for a region such as Broome, however we do routinely treat the affected areas to maintain the property the best we can.

Your suggestions have been noted, we really do appreciate all feed back on the resort and I hope we can welcome you back to Oaks Broome again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent 4 nights here last week upon visiting Broome and were very pleased. Staff were all lovely, and the room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The resort is very nice, with fantastic pool areas! However no spas and the water is very chilly! It is a fair walk from the main town, however the bus stop is right outside, and town beach is just a short stroll down the road which is lovely. The restaurant didn't appeal to us, we sat down and read the ridiculously over priced menu before leaving to find several other restaurants within the area which are much better value for money. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return, however would recommend having a car.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nicola3491
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am very delighted to read your positive feed back on our staff and rooms. I will ensure to pass this onto the team.

We do not have a spa at the pool; however our One Bedroom apartments all have built in spa baths which is one of our popular in-room features.

We have also recently introduced a new and more appealing menu in our restaurant with added value for money. I do hope on your next visit you will be able to make use of the spa baths and our new selection of food.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Quite new, our room was very good, no complaints at all. Househeeping was very good. Stayed 4 nights. Quite handy to everything. If you like walking, not far from town centre or other attractions. Good local bus service just outside the door. Reception staff were a mixed bunch, some more than helpful, others........ Stacey was most helpful. Security were thought was an issue. We stayed in a room that had a door between balconies. We asked three times for it to be locked, we came back from a tour to find the people in the room next to us and come through and taken our chairs and table. They were most apologetic, they thought the room was empty. Restaurant could do with some plants or ????, food was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your 4 night stay at our property. It’s good to see that you were pleased with the room and housekeeping services during your stay. Stacey will be delighted when she sees your lovely comments!

I am however, more than disappointed to learn that you felt the reception staff were not consistent. I shall feed this back to the team for immediate improvement as all staff members should provide 5 star service at all times! Substandard service is not acceptable. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am also concerned to learn of the incident with the balcony door. I am very sorry that this door was not locked and the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that this is being investigated to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

I will also pass your restaurant comments onto our Executive Food & Beverage Manager for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Broome.
sydney
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have unfortunately had our flight cancelled and Qantas put us up here this evening. We had looked at this hotel for our weeks holiday but mixed reviews put us off.

The rooms are really nice and we were pretty relaxed about the delay.

However, I just had to write a review as the restaurant was shocking. Told a 45min delay on food but it was an hour and a half. It wasn't the wait that was terrible but the rudeness of the staff when we asked how it was going. We weren't complaining a this stage just asking and they were just so incredibly rude about it. I'm quite taken aback as I'm really not used to be spoken to in that way as we are really polite when we speak to people.

The restaurant is more like a sports bar with food.

We took it up with the hotel General Manager but were told it is not there restaurant so they could not do anything.

If you stay here its probably best to eat out or be self sufficient with your catering.

It strikes me overall that the service in the hotel is not up to much. We stayed at a small apartment block at cable beach that wasn't as modern but much better service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank denise c
HMBroome, Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled, it is very unfortunate when these things happen.

I am glad you thought our rooms were nice, however I am shocked to see your comments regarding the restaurant and service you received whilst dining. With the added rush of the unexpected flight cancellation, the restaurant did have a longer than usual wait on food orders. However there is no excuse for rudeness from staff, and I will personally investigate this matter with the Food & Beverage manager.

In relation to the sports bar comment, there was an International Rugby game on that evening and this was displayed on the request of our in house guests. We do pride ourselves in having a high class restaurant with great customer service, and we have recently introduced a new ‘a la carte’ menu which is a much higher standard than the previous food menu.

I do believe there may have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication as I was on the front desk for the departure of the group, and I was not approached or informed of this incident. However I am surprised as through conversing with the other guests on departure, I did personally receive very positive feed back from multiple guests on the conduct of both the restaurant and front office staff, even with the unexpected group arrival from the cancelled flight.

I apologise that the service provided to you was not up to our usual standard. As we did not get a chance to discuss these issues direct, please feel free to contact me on 08 9192 9500.

Ben