“Simply breathtaking”

and up
Horizontal Falls Half-Day Tour from Broome
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Broome
More attraction details
Owner description: The Horizontal Falls are a fast-moving tidal flow through two narrow, closely aligned gorges of the McLarty Range, located in Talbot Bay. The direction of the flow reverses with each change of tide. As tides in the Kimberley can reach 10 metres, a peak tide gives rise to a significant difference in the sea level on either side of each gorge. Travelling by land, air and sea - Horizontal Falls offers full and half day tours to experience this natural phenomenon.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply breathtaking”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Horizontal Falls was on my bucket list and I treated myself to the tour for my birthday. The hospitality afforded to me and my family was exceptional. We had the best ten hours and I highly recommend a visit to this most spectaculour location.

1 Thank KHT28

Holland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“This trip deserves more than 5 stars!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The most expensive trip I ever did, but soo worth the money!
The trip in the seaplane is stunning over the buccaneer Archipelago, beautiful to see all these un inhabitat islands! Viewing the horizontal falls is very cool, but going trough them on a speedboat is even more cool :) What a adrenaline rush, awesome!!
Seeing the lemon sharks was a very sweet part of the day for me as well, because I love these marine animals. There water based home is excellent with a very high service level.
And the trip home in the 'Bigfoot' 4WD through the Kimberleys was a very good ending.
Un unforgetable day!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MS-SS-2
Warwick, Australia
199 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great trip. Steve our pilot is an expert. Both landings( on water and land) were silky smooth. The falls crew hadn't shifted the pontoon to the 'usual' location and were still tucked around the corner in the cyclone proof bay. Jet boat to and thru the falls ...excellent, so professional. Swimming with the sharks was great.. Do it if you go to Broome

Geelong, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Falling for the Falls”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a holiday in the West and one of our highlights was a visit to the Horizontal Falls,
Our trip was organised by Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures and we couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff were great and knowledgeable about their destinations along the way. The snacks and food provided excellent, especially the barramundi on the pontoon. Great experience all around. Well worth investigating if you are up that way.

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun Family Adventure”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family of four (teenagers 17 and 19) did the half day tour and loved every minute. The staff were amazing, knowledgeable, friendly and relaxed. It was almost as though we were hanging out with friends! Loved the speedboat ride through the falls and creeping through the mangroves searching for crocs. Worth every cent!