“Reflections b and b”

Reflections Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 14 Broome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The owners were incredibly helpful and knowledgable. As the owner was a member of an old pearling family he was a mine of information and took us round Broome for no extra charge. The breakfast was lovely and the facilities excellent. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you so much Liz for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you both and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Doug & Margaret

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Margaret and Doug were very hospitable and full of local information. My sister and I stayed a total of 7 nights and felt quite at home. A great experience that made the time spent in Broome and travelling around the Kimberley even more positive

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words Ros.
It was a pleasure having you both and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We wish you well with your B&B..The Anchorage.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Was recommended to Reflections by friends who had stayed. We had ten days in two stints separated by a 5 day Kimberly adventure. Leaving our vehicle with Doug and Margaret was no problem and our stay was brilliant. Margaret's breakfasts are as good as you could experience and included a birthday cake for my wife when they heard it was on that day. Dougs local knowledge is amazing and of great interest to we visitors. We had the Mandarin room which was superb, as was the pool and BBQ facilities. If we ever return to Broome we would want to stay at Reflections again. I thoroughly recommend and have no negatives to report.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
BroomeReflections, Owner at Reflections Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you John for your wonderful review. I'm sorry that the response is so late but I obviously didn't follow the instructions properly when I tried to respond. Have the hang of it now, I hope!

It was a pleasure having you here and we are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast.
We enjoyed being able to share "the day" with your wife.

Maybe we will meet again.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had the pleasure of staying twice over recent months at Reflections B&B. We stayed in the upstairs Bamboo Suite for 5 nights which fully catered for all our needs, a home away from home. Both Doug & Margaret have captured the true essence of what hospitality is all about. They put up with our ever changing arrival plans and Doug was there to meet up smiling and welcoming even though we were very late on both occasions. We chose not to hire a car and made use of the frequent bus service and taxi's though again Doug was always willing to drop us in town - and even took us sightseeing.
Margaret easily adapted her breakfast menus to suite our vegetarian requirements.
A most enjoyable stay - look forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I have just noticed that no response appears to your very generous review. I apologise as, although I respoded imediately, I obviously had not pressed "Submit".

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure getting to know you.
We wish you well and thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here for one night, I was travelling alone and as a regular visitor to Broome I couldn't face another night in a bland resort or hotel.

I booked reflections at very short notice and Margaret could not have been more helpful. The overall standard is excellent, very homely, spotless and good facilities.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable with good quality fixtures and fittings. The bed was very comfortable.

It's obvious speaking to Margaret that she has high standards and a real love of Broome, I didn't see so much of Doug but he did give me a lift to the airport which was really handy. He seemed a very pleasant bloke as well.

My flight out of Broome wasn't until the afternoon and I got a late check out no problem.

If you want somewhere a little different than the hotels this place is the way to go.

The breakfast, don't ask, absolutely top stuff. Sat on the front terrace with it's quality furniture and great view. Plenty of fresh fruit with yoghurt and honey, orange juice and toast. I am no lightweight and left the table full.

This place deserves to be higher up the list, I suspect it is only the number of reviews holding it back.

It's in a residential area, but probably the nicest in Broome so it's lovely.

It also has a lovely little pool at the front and Koi pond.

This would make a great place for 6-8 people to book out for themselves.

Hoping to be back in May!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Hi Redcan. I have just realised that some of my responses have not been recorded........maybe because I didn't press "submit"!!!!!!

We thank you for your awsome review and were glad to know that you felt comfortable and enjoyed the "breakfast with a view".

We do love Broome and enjoy highlighting it's attributes to visitors.

Happy travelling

Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed two nights in Broome at the beginning of the wet season, November 2011. My dad found Reflections online and we chose it based on price. We chose well!!
Reflections is a lovely B&B about a mile from town and run by a lovely couple who were both understanding of our flight delays and helpful with lifts and guided tours as well as recomendations of where to eat. The night we arrived late due to problems with our flights and Margaret offered to save us some of their family dinner and had sent Doug to the airport with the cinema listings as we had wanted to go to the cinema.
We stayed in a double room with a Japanese theme. We had our own side entrance, air conditioning, ceiling fan, use of a fridge and cutlery etc in a seperate lounge. The toilet and bathroom are seperate but as others have said, not shared. It's lovely that there is a proper bath (not an aussie bath) and not just a shower! The big bed was comfy, there were four tv channels and torches and a sewing kit in the bedsite drawers.
We walked to town and it was very hot and not shady, I wouldn't recommend walking to town in the heat. You would be almost melting walking in and at night when the snakes are out you will need your torch.
Breakfast is different every morning served on the veranda at the front of the house. Fresh fruit and yoghurt, nasi goreng, cheese omelettes, ceral, toast! You name it! Yum!
We had drinks at the Matsos brewery, swam at Cable beach and watched a film at sun cinemas which I totally recommend! Watching a film, in a deck chair, outside, lizards on the screen, warm bottles of coke and bats roosting in the trees! A night I will never forget!!
The B&B was comfortable, beatifully laid out, good location, amazingly tasty breakfasts and friendly hosts! 10 out of 10!!
I absolutely loved Broome and would gladly go back and would happily stay at Reflections again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We had the most wonderful two nights at Reflections. It has only two B&B rooms, and we stayed in a twin, called "Pearl" ... it was a very good size, with a big wardrobe, and its own side entrance. The bathroom and separate toilet weren't en-suite but were right next door and for our exclusive use. The bathroom was huge, with a BATH (absolutely briliant after four nights camping), and separate shower. Free bathroom goodies and loads of shelf space.

There was a place to do hand-washing, and a line to hang things out. Plus a sitting-out area at the back, with table and chairs. Also a guest lounge with TV/DVD and little kitchen.

The B&B is set up in the Japanese tradition, cool with the sound of running water. Very peaceful.

Breakfast is served on the terrace at the front of the house, with a view, across the road, of the sea. Breakfast was included in the price and really was "gourmet" as advertised. The fruit salad was great, while my friend had the more exotic options such as eggs with spinach on toast with a lovely dressing. The menu changes every day, so there's always something new to taste.

The only downside to the B&B is that it's a good 30-40 minute walk into town, so you really need a car. We didn't have one, and ended up hiring one (only $50 from the airport). Margaret and Doug, who were most welcoming at all times, were more than willing to run us into town, and indeed took us to the airport so we could hire our car. They also picked us up when we returned the car. They really couldn't do enough and we were most grateful.

Oh, there's also a little swimming pool - more for dunking than for swimming - but a welcome addition nonetheless.

If you're looking for a clean, welcoming, luxury B&B in Broome, for a very reasonable price, look no further.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends