“An experience to remember”
Review of Broome Hovercraft

Broome Hovercraft
More attraction details
Owner description: Broome Hovercraft Eco Adventure tours offers experiences that are truly unique, exciting and unforgettable. We have several scenic and historic tours around Roebuck Bay and cater for a wide range of special occasions and charter flights.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I wanted to see the Dinosaur footprints without climbing cliffs or rocks .Well what a wonderful experience. The tour was indeed up close and personal and a truly wonderful and exciting experience.
The footprints are one of the best examples in the world and you are able to actually stand in the dinosaur footprints.
It shows the actual size of the dinosaur and it is believed the footprints were made by not only a mother dinosaur but also her baby. To add to the experience you travel to the site by hovercraft with very interesting and informative commentary by the pilot.
All in all a top tour in Broome with friendly staff and great service. If you are interested in these amazing creatures this tour is well worth doing.

1  Thank bj1d2
in 6 reviews
"red cliffs"
"informative commentary"
in 8 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Travelling with my mother (80s) it was not practical to do the clamber over rocks to see the footprints at Gantheaume Point. So we were happy when I found this option. It takes you to a differnt set of footprints and the only climbing needed is in and out of the hovercraft via steps with staff assisting.
The guide was informative and to start with I would not have picked the footprints without their help. The view from the hovercraft of Roeback bay gave a different perspective to the places we had travelled past on various buses.
Only disappointment is that for someone who likes to roam over areas and spend time taking photos - and then retaking them - there was not enough time. Not sure if they will do it, but it might be worth asking if you can go over on one tour and return on the next tour - probably give you an extra half hour there.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hovercraft ride is massively fun! You gotta try it! Miles, the pilot, is passionate about dinosaur prints and will take you to see dinosaur prints on a sacred beach, which is not easy to find. He is a fount of knowledge. After that, we stopped on the mudflats and the kids searched for starfish. As the sun set, we stood with sand and mud squishing between our toes, drank champagne and ate the beautiful food Miles supplied. It was surprisingly magical. Something I will always remember.

1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Service all the way with this company. June picked me up from the hotel and then there was an open bar if needed and views of Roebuck Bay as we waited for the craft to zoom up the concrete ramp. The commentary provided by the pilot was witty, informative, courteous and participatory, and before I knew it, I was off hovering over the water and mudflats to the red cliffs around the bay. Yes we had to be educated as to how to see the dinosaur footprints and then miraculously there were so many of them appearing in the rocks. Imagining these huge creatures on a muddy woodland when I was standing at the same place on a rocky foreshore between mangroves and dunes was a stretch for my modern mind! Loved the hors d'oevrs and glass of champagne and watching the sunset while worrying about how quickly the tide was coming in. Would have liked more champagne. Very enjoyable experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2014

To make a long story short, due to various airline changes and delays, the folks at Broome Hovercraft helped us twice to make sure we could get on one of their tours. We were picked up at the airport to enable us to make the sunset tour and even called our hotel to let them know we would be checking in late. The tour itself was excellent, Miles, our guide was knowledgeable and interacted well with our group. If you are a dinosaur fan, seeing the tracks are so cool. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous and the ride was fun. It wasn't as noisy inside the hovercraft as I thought it would be. Highly Recommend!!!!